Discussion Here is why Windows 8.1 is better than Windows 10 [Don't Switch - Unless]

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
if it's the fact that w10 is harder to use and you simply cant get use to how it's structured then sure but there is no other reasons if there is please state them.
Yeah, not really in the mood for an argument, but I'll state the main three.
1. Bugs.
2. Built in spyware.
3. How slow it is on non-brand new hardware.

Frank

se7en *clap* sins *clap* review
Retired
Reaction score
Yeah, not really in the mood for an argument, but I'll state the main three.
1. Bugs.
2. Built in spyware.
3. How slow it is on non-brand new hardware.
1, bugs come with everything and I won't lie W10 has less than 8/8.1 why do you think they've updated.
2, everything has spyware these days cmon don't play that game and w10 you can go through the settings to make your pc more secure.
3, I actually have a lot of old hardware (computers/Laptops) running W10 faster than my newest one-month-old computer actually my seven year old tough book is running it just fine. so try again im enjoying this debate. To be honest, I think it's down primarily to how well YOU look after your computer.

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
2, everything has spyware these days cmon don't play that game
No, it doesn't!? What the hell has spyware?? Can you can name one other OS (excluding Mac OSX) that has built in spyware?
and w10 you can go through the settings to make your pc more secure.
It's still been found to send random chunks of data to MS, no matter what settings you change, even if you do the firewall block.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-sends-data-to-microsoft-despite-privacy-settings/
https://arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/
Also, why do I need to go through changing settings, installing 3rd party apps, blocking stuff in the firewall, so that maybe I'm going to have the privacy of the previous OS? Why shouldn't I just install an older OS that has those this from the start? I mean if Windows 10 had some huge improvements feature wise yeah, but it's just Windows 7 with spyware and DX12! If you know of any usefull features that win10 has and 7 doesn't, let me know!
1, bugs come with everything and I won't lie W10 has less than 8/8.1 why do you think they've updated.
Win10 has less bugs than 8.1? Umm, no!
Also, updates? You mean those packages with data that seem to come in when you least expect them and ruin your whole work? And even if you force reboot, they still don't let you log in because they have to revert the changes made? The ones that act like bloatware and serve little to no purpose? Yeah, I've been running win7 pre-loaded with updates from 2-3 years back since I found out what a waste of time, space, internet bandwidth and HDD performance they are.
To be honest, I think it's down primarily to how well YOU look after your computer.
Makes no difference when talking about a fresh install (unless it's overheating or something)
3, I actually have a lot of old hardware (computers/Laptops) running W10 faster than my newest one-month-old computer actually my seven year old tough book is running it just fine.
7 year old is 2010, you know that right? That's when the first "core i" CPUs came out. When I say old, I mean core 2 duos and first gen Athlon/Phenom stuff.

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
No, it doesn't!? What the hell has spyware?? Can you can name one other OS (excluding Mac OSX) that has built in spyware?

It's still been found to send random chunks of data to MS, no matter what settings you change, even if you do the firewall block.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-sends-data-to-microsoft-despite-privacy-settings/
https://arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/
Also, why do I need to go through changing settings, installing 3rd party apps, blocking stuff in the firewall, so that maybe I'm going to have the privacy of the previous OS? Why shouldn't I just install an older OS that has those this from the start? I mean if Windows 10 had some huge improvements feature wise yeah, but it's just Windows 7 with spyware and DX12! If you know of any usefull features that win10 has and 7 doesn't, let me know!

Also, updates? You mean those packages with data that seem to come in when you least expect them and ruin your whole work? And even if you force reboot, they still don't let you log in because they have to revert the changes made? The ones that act like bloatware and serve little to no purpose? Yeah, I've been running win7 pre-loaded with updates from 2-3 years back since I found out what a waste of time, space, internet bandwidth and HDD performance they are.

Makes no difference when talking about a fresh install (unless it's overheating or something)

7 year old is 2010, you know that right? That's when the first "core i" CPUs came out. When I say old, I mean core 2 duos and first gen Athlon/Phenom stuff.
I wanna thank you, not for defending me, but for using common logic on why (some people liking windows 8.1 better) for obvious reasons.

For example, When I removed all the pointless bloatware, it runs much smoother, but the problem with windows 10 i have is all the extra garbage they added which you don't need. I'm not gonna go in depth, But if you know your OS's you know exactly what I'm talking about, If anyone on here wants to get rid of that trash spyware and adware windows 10 adds, please download

NAMED DWS.Lite

VIRUS TOTAL RESULTS:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/4ad4f33a2e4573909a9b7087f721cd5386fb912146e8784dae8642333ad23128/detection
DOWNLOAD PAGE
[Click here to view this link]

VIRUS TOTAL RESULTS OF DOWNLOADED FILE!
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/0f99eaf92a96c7103a971acfbf6d13cf84f504a5049ee0619bf55bcf89cef53b/detection

Thank me later :smile:

& 2 the trolls, Keep trying :wink: 

Download Windows 7 or 8.1 and watch the boot difference, its sickening. lol

Jaykae

B*tch please.
Reaction score
& 2 the trolls, Keep trying :wink:
We're not trolls. we just have good hardware and run Windows 10 better than 8/8.1 - sorry but you can't brand everyone a troll just because they don't agree with you, LMFAO. you're the 1 who seems to be trolling IMO.

I have Windows 10 on a good system with an SSD, it boots faster for me than 8/8.1 and it's generally a lot quicker all around too.

Everyone has different opinions and different hardware so some might think it's crap and slow but people who think that have s*it hardware, sorry to say but it's true.

I have an old laptop with 2GB RAM and a 1GHZ dual core processor, it's crap on Windows 10 but it can run a bit better with 8.1. it's just the way it is, crap hardware isn't going to keep up with the latest and greatest, you see.

In your OP you're trying to brainwash people in to using 8/8.1 and it's just not working, yeah, you've got a s*it PC with crap hardware so 8/8.1 maybe better for you because of your s*itty specs. lol bless your cotton socks.

Anyway, enough.

Each to their own, troll. :wink:

PS: Not replying now - you've been put on ignore. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Nokia

[[email protected] ~]$
Lifetime
Reaction score
I have a Dell Optiplex from 2008 that has a core 2 duo and it runs Windows 10 faster than my 2015 laptop. :roflmao:
I'm not going to start with this stuff though, people should use whatever OS they want based on their preference, but I don't think anybody should really push another OS on anybody based on opinions with an OS, and this goes for both sides. I'm non bias and I've never had a problem with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10. I have Arch on my work PC, Parrot on my home server and side PC, Windows 10 on that Optiplex, Manjaro on my laptop, and Windows 10 on my main PC that I use for gaming and other at home work tasks. For the "spyware," I am more than aware about there being data sent to Microsoft from Windows 10, but being a security researcher myself, whenever I use an OS I always use the latest and greatest, it's good practice.

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Windows 8 was a failure just like vista.
How can you say that? Only thing wrong with 8 was the interface and some minor bugs, most of which were fixed. Vista was buggy, incompatible with a lot of software and drivers, unstable, slow and resource hungry, not sure how it can even be put in the same sentence with 8.

Xx ChEEZE iTz xX

[LOADING...404]
Reaction score
How can you say that? Only thing wrong with 8 was the interface and some minor bugs, most of which were fixed. Vista was buggy, incompatible with a lot of software and drivers, unstable, slow and resource hungry, not sure how it can even be put in the same sentence with 8.
Agreed. And the fact I'm not even talking windows 8, I'm talking 8.1 which is alot more stable and secure then 8. (BASICALLY A POLISHED VERSION OF WINDOWS 8.) 
Windows 8 was a failure just like vista.
How? When running 8 or 8.1 programs run smoothly, even smoother than Windows 10 a good amount of the time lol. I have tried windows 10 and 8.1 and even linux (which is amazing).

Scuxy

C:\Users\Scuxy
Reaction score
Agreed. And the fact I'm not even talking windows 8, I'm talking 8.1 which is alot more stable and secure then 8. (BASICALLY A POLISHED VERSION OF WINDOWS 8.) 

How? When running 8 or 8.1 programs run smoothly, even smoother than Windows 10 a good amount of the time lol. I have tried windows 10 and 8.1 and even linux (which is amazing).
It just feels like 2 OS's bolted together windows 10 is nearly as stable as 7

Cubano

Reaction score
Everyone I know had windows 8 has problems. You try and repair it, then it just does a boot cycle or cannot do anything.

Top Bottom