What's new

Tutorial HENkaku - Ultimate Vita Hacking Guide

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Update: Added another small note about Mai DLC.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Added the World of Final Fantasy Gil editor, Plugin Manager, and organized some sections.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
So at this point in time it is now possible to download and play vita games? I remember only being able to play emulators.
Yes, you can download and play full Vita games thanks to Vitamin and Maidump.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Is this the way i can edit my FFX-2 HD ?
To do that you need to get a save editor for it and extract your save using RinCheat or another save managing homebrew. I don't know where or if there is one for FFX-2 though, I've only ever seen one for FFX.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a bit behind on keeping this thread up-to-date, I have quite a few new things to share so stay tuned for the update later today!

Sinatra

Sinatra

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm a bit behind on keeping this thread up-to-date, I have quite a few new things to share so stay tuned for the update later today!
Will do buddy, currently i am just doing some research on the Vita before i buy lol.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Will do buddy, currently i am just doing some research on the Vita before i buy lol.
If you have any questions, I'm your guy. I know all there is to know and more when it comes to the Vita.

Sinatra

Sinatra

Reaction score
Sin$
If you have any questions, I'm your guy. I know all there is to know and more when it comes to the Vita.
Okay great, when i buy the Vita should i get it brand new or look for a specific version?

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay great, when i buy the Vita should i get it brand new or look for a specific version?
There's no harm in getting a new one if you want HENkaku, 99% of new Vita's outside of Japan come with 3.60 or less pre-installed so there's no worries about getting a firmware version too high. When it comes down to slim or classic, it's really just preference. They're not that different, mostly just the screens are. Chances are though if you go new it'll be a slim.

Sinatra

Sinatra

Reaction score
Sin$
There's no harm in getting a new one if you want HENkaku, 99% of new Vita's outside of Japan come with 3.60 or less pre-installed so there's no worries about getting a firmware version too high. When it comes down to slim or classic, it's really just preference. They're not that different, mostly just the screens are. Chances are though if you go new it'll be a slim.
Thanks pal i will probably get the slim one.

jetboy

jetboy

Reaction score
Sin$
In Filezilla I can't create any directories directly to the to ux0: folder. I can go inside the other folders and create a new directory but again can't do it in the ux0: folder. I also can't create a directory in those other folders and then transfer it to the main directory. I get the following error.
Command: MKD /ux0:/vpk
Response: 550 Could not create the directory.

Zelk

Zelk

rip
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
In Filezilla I can't create any directories directly to the to ux0: folder. I can go inside the other folders and create a new directory but again can't do it in the ux0: folder. I also can't create a directory in those other folders and then transfer it to the main directory. I get the following error.
Command: MKD /ux0:/vpk
Response: 550 Could not create the directory.
I'm no expert on FileZilla but that seems like an issue that could be easily Googled. If you really can't make a directory using FileZilla, do it in VitaShell by pressing triangle and selecting "new folder".

jetboy

jetboy

Reaction score
Sin$
The only thing that I cold get to turn up from a google search on the error was that I don't have permission from the host to edit the folder. Which I have no idea how that works in the case of the PS Vita.

I did get a fix on my end but I hope this post serves as a purpose for trouble shooting in the future for others who may have had my same issue.

Again, when attempting to create a new directory in ux0:, Filezilla would not allow it. I could create folders in sub-directories but not in the primary directory.
I tried creating a folder using VitaShell and but I got Error 0x8001000D. I got the same result from trying to create a folder using MolecularShell.
I tried formatting my memory card and restarting the process, and I still got the same result.

Got it to work

I turned on UNSAFE MODE, reset MolecularShell and then I was able to create the folder.

(I didn't read through the tutorial, as I opted to use a video guide on Youtube as my walkthrough for getting Henkaku initially set up. That very well could've been my downfall there.)

Top Bottom
Login
Register