Discussion HENKaku - A New Native Vita Homebrew Enabler for 3.60

• Thread starter duction
  • Start date
  • Views 1,641
D

duction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HENkaku is the first ever homebrew enabler for PS Vita and PSTV. It is akin to jailbreaking your iPhone or rooting your Android device.

vitadoom-hero.png

Homebrew are games and other software not officially approved. For example, [Click here to view this link] is a port of the classic game DOOM and mGBA lets you play Game Boy Advance ROMs. You can find more examples in the showcase.

The new hack, known as HENKaku will require the following:
  • A Vita/PSTV running 3.60
  • A memcard with at least 10MB of free space (internal memory is currently not supported!)
  • An FTP client
  • An internet connection

Link: https://henkaku.xyz/
Emulators: https://henkaku.xyz/showcase/

60FPS snes games :smile:

Zelk

Zelk

Extra Spicy
Retired
Reaction score
This is definitely interesting, thanks for sharing! I'll be looking into this.

Chips 98

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
can confirm working! if there is issues installing you may need to restore database or format mem card (make a back up first of course). the gba emulator works but is buggy. also there is a risk of being ban if you use the apps online. apparently the apps such as mGBA shows up on your profile as to what game your currently playing. but i digress, it is a start in the native homebrew scene for the ps vita. ps vita save data decryption as come of this so far, so maybe more will shine through.

Shalour

Shalour

Gym Leader
Reaction score
can confirm working! if there is issues installing you may need to restore database or format mem card (make a back up first of course). the gba emulator works but is buggy. also there is a risk of being ban if you use the apps online. apparently the apps such as mGBA shows up on your profile as to what game your currently playing. but i digress, it is a start in the native homebrew scene for the ps vita. ps vita save data decryption as come of this so far, so maybe more will shine through.
I tried out the Neogeopocketcolor emulator and it works great. Hopefully they can improve on the gba emulator to be as good as the one on psp.

Zelk

Zelk

Extra Spicy
Retired
Reaction score
So would anyone recommend trying this? I'm thinking about it but I'm not 100% on it. What I think I'll do is dump my memory card to my PC, then install this and go from there, but I'm not certain. How has it been working for all of you?

Shalour

Shalour

Gym Leader
Reaction score
So would anyone recommend trying this? I'm thinking about it but I'm not 100% on it. What I think I'll do is dump my memory card to my PC, then install this and go from there, but I'm not certain. How has it been working for all of you?
It has been working great for me. I even installed VHBL on my vita so I can play some psp homebrews as well. Most of the emulators for the ps vita are in their early stages of development so don't expect flawless emulation just yet.

Zelk

Zelk

Extra Spicy
Retired
Reaction score
It has been working great for me. I even installed VHBL on my vita so I can play some psp homebrews as well. Most of the emulators for the ps vita are in their early stages of development so don't expect flawless emulation just yet.
Awesome, I've been super hyped for this and I think I'll give it a whirl. This looks amazing so far, and with the Vita's superior power I have high hopes for what lies in the future of this. 
Ah, yes, before I rush recklessly into this, is there anything you recommend I do first?

Shalour

Shalour

Gym Leader
Reaction score
Awesome, I've been super hyped for this and I think I'll give it a whirl. This looks amazing so far, and with the Vita's superior power I have high hopes for what lies in the future of this. 

Ah, yes, before I rush recklessly into this, is there anything you recommend I do first?
Well, I Installed it by using the tutorial on their website. You use the vita's browser and click install. Then it will install the molecularshell on your vitas home menu. You use this to transfer files using a ftp server and installing the homebrews you put on your vita. You also need knowledge of how to access a ftp sever on your computer because it is the only way to access the files on your vita that I am aware of.

Zelk

Zelk

Extra Spicy
Retired
Reaction score
Well, I Installed it by using the tutorial on their website. You use the vita's browser and click install. Then it will install the molecularshell on your vitas home menu. You use this to transfer files using a ftp server and installing the homebrews you put on your vita. You also need knowledge of how to access a ftp sever on your computer because it is the only way to access the files on your vita that I am aware of.
So you can't get into the file via the content manager? That sucks, but it's understandable. I'm going to be getting into it soon, thank you for answering my questions!

Shalour

Shalour

Gym Leader
Reaction score
So you can't get into the file via the content manager? That sucks, but it's understandable. I'm going to be getting into it soon, thank you for answering my questions!
Your Welcome, Good Luck!

ccprince

ccprince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone been talking about doing work in regards to getting retail games decrypted and running? I don't have a Vita but I've got a PSTV laying around in a box somewhere, if I could get any game I wanted for it I'd be a lot more inclined to use it, otherwise Persona 4 Golden is the only reason to take it out.

Zelk

Zelk

Extra Spicy
Retired
Reaction score
Has anyone been talking about doing work in regards to getting retail games decrypted and running? I don't have a Vita but I've got a PSTV laying around in a box somewhere, if I could get any game I wanted for it I'd be a lot more inclined to use it, otherwise Persona 4 Golden is the only reason to take it out.
I haven't heard anything about retail games yet, but HENkaku is definitely worth checking out. I'm not sure if it'll run on the PSTV, though, as it's made for the Vita.

ccprince

ccprince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about retail games yet, but HENkaku is definitely worth checking out. I'm not sure if it'll run on the PSTV, though, as it's made for the Vita.

The original post says it works with PSTV and from the /r/emulation sub, it definitely seems like it does.

Shalour

Shalour

Gym Leader
Reaction score
The original post says it works with PSTV and from the /r/emulation sub, it definitely seems like it does.
Henkaku was originally made with the mindset of not pirating ps vita games. But someone soon should be able to make it happen. You shoulf follow the sub reddit for Henkaku to see if there any updates.

Last edited:
ccprince

ccprince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good plan, I hope they're not like every other sub that acts like piracy doesn't exist.

CrEaTiiOn_187

CrEaTiiOn_187

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a new psn for HENkaku and named it HENkakuPSVita just to be sure that I'm not getting banned on my main psn account and to see how long it takes for them to ban me while using those apps without signing out.

Zelk

Zelk

Extra Spicy
Retired
Reaction score
I made a new psn for HENkaku and named it HENkakuPSVita just to be sure that I'm not getting banned on my main psn account and to see how long it takes for them to ban me while using those apps without signing out.
Orrrr just sign out of your account, lol. There's no need to make a new PSN account.

D

duction

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can dump carts now, no loader to play them yet though.

Zelk

Zelk

Extra Spicy
Retired
Reaction score
I don't even have any carts, all my Vita games are digital :c
I'm not going to pretend that piracy doesn't exist, and I bet that once it becomes available people will be dumping cards and uploading them online and you'll be able to get them there.

Top Bottom
Login
Register