help?

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by xl All Pro lx, Nov 22, 2008 with 4 replies and 114 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xl All Pro lx

xl All Pro lx Member

Ratings:
    i was just talking to the other guy about his computer being hacked trying to help him and my internet just crashed. it wont connect i restarted everything. could this be from my isp from downloading torrents or what?

2. Element18592

Element18592 Trusted Seller

Ratings:
    hey how do i change where it says novice under my name???

• Like Like x 1
  3. TorMenT

TorMenT VIP VIP

Ratings:
    All pro, if you're internet crashed it could just be problems in your area with weather, or other types of common issues. Try rebooting your modem/router and trying it again. If you have been caught downloading, your ISP will usually contact you so I doubt that's it, or you would have been contacted.

You can't change that. It will change on it's own once you gain enough posts to not be considered a novice anymore. I would suggest not interrupting others threads with your questions though :wink: If you have questions you can ask a staff member in the Talk to the staff section.

4. Element18592

Element18592 Trusted Seller

Ratings:
    oh im sorry im new at this so i went to where it said help? sorry all pro

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Allison

Michael Allison Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Your ISP torrents stuff? Cool! I wish Time Warner was that cool.

You mean you were downloading with torrents, so you think your internet died?

Your ISP would likely contact you if that had caught you downloading illegal content. Besides, copyright infringement is a civil suit, so the people who would be coming after you for downloading copyrighted material would be those who owned the rights to it.

Try recycling your router, and if it doesn't work, call your ISP. Ask if there are any outages in your area. There probably are.

If not, you could have a problem with your wireless card if this is a laptop, etc. You might also have a problem with your router being set up wrong, and the person you call can probably guide you through fixing that.

Have you installed anything weird that might have screwed with your wireless internet settings, etc.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.