Discussion Help!

• Thread starter lethaaaaal
  • Start date
  • Views 1,161
lethaaaaal

lethaaaaal

Reaction score
Sin$
My Xbox wont let me hotswap and i cant take it apart coz il void my warranty!
i went to my dads and used my stepbrothers flashed xbox and installed my modded waw disk onto my hard drive
when i put it back onto my xbox it said:
"you can only play this game on the console and storage device it was originally installed on"
is there anyway around this so i can play my modded disk or have i wated my time and money!
Hotswapping without opening xbox doesnt work for me!

lethaaaaal

lethaaaaal

Reaction score
Sin$
just tried again there and when i hotswap i have the install option there and my disk tray is open but ym xbox is froze!
how can i stop that coz that would solve it!
please some1 reply am so F****n depressed over this S**T!

D

DiabloFl4m3

Reaction score
Sin$
ok, first of all, calm down.

in my experience, the game, once installed onto the the hard drive, is bound to the console to prevent piracy of the games. so i don't think there is a way around your first problem.

second, are you trying to hotswap on your xbox using the non-opening method? if so, you need to make sure you have a BenQ drive, not lite-on. keep in mind this method won't always work.

heres a vid on how to tell if you don't know (yea it's weird but it's right) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdhL6dT3ZOI&feature=related

good luck

ChalkyBarracuda

ChalkyBarracuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need to void the warranty to open the box. Just heat up the warranty sticker with a hair dryer and peel it off, and put it back on when you're done.

lethaaaaal

lethaaaaal

Reaction score
Sin$
ok, first of all, calm down.

in my experience, the game, once installed onto the the hard drive, is bound to the console to prevent piracy of the games. so i don't think there is a way around your first problem.

second, are you trying to hotswap on your xbox using the non-opening method? if so, you need to make sure you have a BenQ drive, not lite-on. keep in mind this method won't always work.

heres a vid on how to tell if you don't know (yea it's weird but it's right) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdhL6dT3ZOI&feature=related

good luck
Yh im doing without opening and its DEFO BENQ so wtf is wrong!
need help! seriously dont want to void warranty!

D

DiabloFl4m3

Reaction score
Sin$
so i stated above that the method will not always work, just be patient, and you might be lucky enough to get it to work. usually, when doing this method, your xbox will take a fairly long time (1-2 minutes) to read the disc that you just hotswapped in, so patience is a must. make sure the auto-play feature is off!- cant stress that enough

theres a bunch of tutorials on this, this is the best so far in my opinion. watch it and try to find the mistake that your making, if you are making one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OrTnCzHFjA&feature=related

lethaaaaal

lethaaaaal

Reaction score
Sin$
so i stated above that the method will not always work, just be patient, and you might be lucky enough to get it to work. usually, when doing this method, your xbox will take a fairly long time (1-2 minutes) to read the disc that you just hotswapped in, so patience is a must. make sure the auto-play feature is off!- cant stress that enough

theres a bunch of tutorials on this, this is the best so far in my opinion. watch it and try to find the mistake that your making, if you are making one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OrTnCzHFjA&feature=related
I tried that i even got onto that menu thingy but it says "installation of this game type inst supported" WTF! HHEELLPP PPLLEEAASSEE!!!!!!!!

T

ToXiiCZaCk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need to void the warranty to open the box. Just heat up the warranty sticker with a hair dryer and peel it off, and put it back on when you're done.

Do this.... I'ts simple and effective. I did this to my newest console with the new sticker and, two months later I sent it in with no problems.

lethaaaaal

lethaaaaal

Reaction score
Sin$
Do this.... I'ts simple and effective. I did this to my newest console with the new sticker and, two months later I sent it in with no problems.
I will but will it 100% work if i hotswap it properly man?

D

DiabloFl4m3

Reaction score
Sin$
if you do the sticker thing and hotswap the normal way it will more than likely work everytime, i haven't had a problem yet.

oh and there may be a sticker on the drive itself that you have to remove before you can open it, its fairly thick so its much easier than the one under the faceplate.

Top Bottom
Login
Register