What's new

Solved HELP... Xbox 360 dvd drive problem

S

supabob

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys.

I have a problem, I got a xbox 360 from a friend who was moving overseas but his dvd drive is faulty, opens and closes but cant launch the game, I have a spare dvd drive from my old xbox 360 but its flashed to play back ups, is it possible to swap out the dvd drives because the one that I'm wanting to use is modded or is there still a problem?

I'm not to clued up on this but I'm a really fast learner, if some one could point me in the right direction I would be over the moon greaful.

I Googled a couple of options but none are about swapping out the original dvd drive for a modded dvd drive?

Thanks so much

Aslan

thehuntsman1360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys.

I have a problem, I got a xbox 360 from a friend who was moving overseas but his dvd drive is faulty, opens and closes but cant launch the game, I have a spare dvd drive from my old xbox 360 but its flashed to play back ups, is it possible to swap out the dvd drives because the one that I'm wanting to use is modded or is there still a problem?

I'm not to clued up on this but I'm a really fast learner, if some one could point me in the right direction I would be over the moon greaful.

I Googled a couple of options but none are about swapping out the original dvd drive for a modded dvd drive?

Thanks so much
It is possible to swap the drives so long as they are the same model drives.In order to do that you will need to extract the DVD key from both drives and swap them with each other and then put the firmware on the one you want to use.This requires both hardware and software tools to do successfully.It may be easier to diagnose what's wrong with your broken drive.Could be as easy as replacing the laser on it.

S

supabob

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh Ok cool, thanks I was really hoping it was a different procedure when you had a modded drive.. when I get home I'll see what I can do with diagnosing to see what the problem is, I don't have the hardware or tools (or knowledge)to do the key swap.

If I find out its going to cost the same to replace the drive because I have to take it somewhere, I could always get it RGH'd then I could use any drive correct?

Aslan

thehuntsman1360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh Ok cool, thanks I was really hoping it was a different procedure when you had a modded drive.. when I get home I'll see what I can do with diagnosing to see what the problem is, I don't have the hardware or tools (or knowledge)to do the key swap.

If I find out its going to cost the same to replace the drive because I have to take it somewhere, I could always get it RGH'd then I could use any drive correct?
It would be the same procedure whether the other drive was modded or not.Im sure there's members on here who could do it for you at a fair price.Look in the services section of B/S/T and locate someone near you.
As for the rgh I am not well up on the rgh of consoles.There was patches recently and I wouldn't be well up on how it affected it.Someone else on here could explain all about that to you.

kanyun

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Or just fix the drive that's in there and save yourself the headache of swapping drives. Since the other one is flashed, you would need to either flash it to stock, or make sure its on the latest firmware in order to play on Live. If the drive models are the same though, all you have to do is swap the PCB boards inside them and you don't have to mess with flashing at all.

What's wrong with the drive that's in there? What message does it display?

Top Bottom
Login
Register