Help with ZAP please

• Thread starter Hockey777
  • Start date
  • Views 394
H

Hockey777

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, so I followed Nubble's wireless bridging tutorial. I did all of that on my vista laptop, bridged the connections and everything. Then I went to the bridging tutorial to get host. I entered all of the IP's correctly and everything. But I have another question. If I do a private match with me and my friend (I Host it) Should I be able to switch my firewall to high and standby him? Because I did that, and nothing happened, so I think that something may be set up wrong.

I have the crossover from my xbox to my laptop, then bridged the connections. Im on XBL fine, but I think something is not right. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Damage

Damage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the same problem as you, so if you solve this problem please let me know

B-rad

B-rad

Press On
Legendary Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
When you view your connections, is any of them crossed out? Or is your LAN, wireless, and bridge all normal.

If one of them is crossed out, this means you will have to enable ICS (internet connection sharing) to fix your problem. Refer to this tutorial in that case.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/bri...p-wireless-bridging-using-command-prompt.html

If your connections actually are bridged correctly, this means the reason you couldn't standby your friend is because you didn't have host.

I'm not familiar with obtaining host in private matches or how that works but if your bridged, follow Nubble's guide on bridging yourself host in matchmaking and it will work 100%.

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Your ZAP probably isn't doing its job. Uninstall and reinstall it. That should fix it, if it doesn't reset your modem and router.

M

mikei

Reaction score
Sin$
if your friend is on your trusted list you cant stand by him - the data will keep streaming to him even if the firewall is up

H

Hockey777

Reaction score
Sin$
No, he is not on my trusted list. But if I start a private match by myself, and invite my friend, I should have host, so why when I put my firewall on high am I not standbying him?

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
ZAP isn't filtering the IPs, uninstall and reinstall it...

Top Bottom
Login
Register