Help with ZAP please! :)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by ALL EYEZ ON ME, Feb 9, 2009 with 25 replies and 1,280 views.

1. ALL EYEZ ON ME

ALL EYEZ ON ME Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well i'm using ZAP and Cain to bridge host on Gears 2 but when i switch the firewall to high and start the game ( with a full party all IP's on trusted) i find games within 10 seconds and before i switch it to medium... which means that the firewall is not working for me?

Does anyone know how to fix this? i have my whole bridge set up perfectly.

ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRETIATED!!

2. sO x GoDLY

sO x GoDLY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Maybe you should try it before you press start?

3. OP
    ALL EYEZ ON ME

Ratings:
    The problem is that after i switch the firewall to high it is still letting me connected to everyone as if it wasnt on in the first place. I hve been trying to fix it for 2 weeks and cant find out why its doing it. VERY ANNOYING.

4. Mast3rrModder

Mast3rrModder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    how'd you make the thing in your signature?:?

5. OP
    ALL EYEZ ON ME

Ratings:
    maybe ZAP does not work with vista 32 bit? Any answers would help. Thanks.:.(

6. shockah289

shockah289 Newbie

Ratings:
    Have you checked in ZAP that your network (in the firewall section > zones) is on INTERNET and not TRUSTED...that is the common cause of the problem you have just described

And it does work with 32bit Vista, thats what I have

7. Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    Maybe you, should punch your xbox.

8. OP
    ALL EYEZ ON ME

Ratings:
    Yes my network is on internet. Thanks for trying to help at least :tongue:. This is very fustrating maybe i should just punch my xbox.... lol

9. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Uninstall and reinstall ZAP. I had a similar problem, and doing a fresh install fixed her right up.

10. OP
    ALL EYEZ ON ME

Ratings:
    Yeah i have downloaded ZAP 3 times now and none of the times i have downloaded it worked. I always find games under 10 secs with it on high. Stinks :frown:

Thanks tho.

11. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Try to delete and then remake your bridge. If not, Throw you xbox out the window and then kick your computer...

12. iMarty

iMarty Enthusiast

Ratings:

Phelix again "Stop with the sarcasm.. AHHHHHH It's killing me AHHHHH"

13. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    Just re-install ZAP, re-do the bridge, restart your router (leave it off for 30 secs), turn off your xbox and laptop or computer, after turning back on the router wait at least 10 - 15 secs for it to give off signals into internet, then turn on your console and laptop/computer.
    Then do the stuff all over again, and if that does not do it, i suggest you do what Nubble suggested.:tongue:

14. OP
    ALL EYEZ ON ME

Ratings:
    Very good suggestions i might as well skip those steps because i already done all of that 3 times lol. TIME TO THROW MY XBOX OUT THE WINDOW! :smile:. lmfao its kinda dumb tho how it wont work =/

15. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Yeah, for some reason it just doesn't work for certain individuals...

16. TheIncredibleZ

TheIncredibleZ Getting There

Ratings:
    I had problems on my Vista 32-bit too. I had to delete and re-install at least 6 times before it actually took effect on my Xbox.

17. ProGOW2Sniper

ProGOW2Sniper Newbie

Ratings:
    Just figured out ur probablem i was starting a game and it did the same for Me i didnt trun on the bridge on cain.

18. OP
    ALL EYEZ ON ME

Ratings:
    lmao i always have the bridge on before i start games :tongue: but ya the "certain individuals" with 32 bit vista. stinks for me i guess but dont matter i still have a standby button on my modem :thumbup: BUT if anyone DOES figure out how to fix this let me know.

Thanks again guys.:cursing:

19. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    im using 32-bit vista and its working fine with me.:mellow:
    there are times when it doesnt i just re-install ZAP or poke my laptop and it works.:cool:

20. xxnicstaxx

xxnicstaxx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yeah, I've notice this happening more and more to people. Make sure you dont have more then 1 firewall running at once. Disable Windows firewall too =):thumbup: