What's new

Solved Help with xbox360 E strange behavior

S

skyx26

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys, I just bought a used Xbox 360 E with RGH chip installed (corona, I think...).

I test it the first day with a backup disc (RE6), no problems. An original disc, no problems.

My problems began after I installed Xex Menu and Aurora. I want to store games in an internal hard drive, so I store one in the hard drive and played, no problems the first day, the second day the game was sttutering when videos where playing... I said to myself: hum, maybe the a glitch?. I copy another game into the HD and bang, the game starts ok but then randomly it fails and shows a message saying disc is unreadable.

At first I thought: maybe Xex menu or aurora where bad installed by me (after all it's my first xbox360), but now pretty much everygame fails randomly. I tried loading them from USB with same results, I change the HD same results, BUT with an SSD there is no fail...

My biggest problem so far it's when I turn on the console: sometimes it starts with no problems, and some other times it won't boot, just show me a black screen (with or without launch.ini at root directory on HD, eject button, HD in, no HD, LAN, no LAN, HDMI, AV Cord). I can see the RGH led blinking.

I feel really, really frustrated by this and I don't know what to do. I think I have narrow down the random game crash to the HD, but the black screen at boot time, I don't know what to do...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Cellulose

Cellulose

Composition C is my family
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys, I just bought a used Xbox 360 E with RGH chip installed (corona, I think...).

I test it the first day with a backup disc (RE6), no problems. An original disc, no problems.

My problems began after I installed Xex Menu and Aurora. I want to store games in an internal hard drive, so I store one in the hard drive and played, no problems the first day, the second day the game was sttutering when videos where playing... I said to myself: hum, maybe the a glitch?. I copy another game into the HD and bang, the game starts ok but then randomly it fails and shows a message saying disc is unreadable.

At first I thought: maybe Xex menu or aurora where bad installed by me (after all it's my first xbox360), but now pretty much everygame fails randomly. I tried loading them from USB with same results, I change the HD same results, BUT with an SSD there is no fail...

My biggest problem so far it's when I turn on the console: sometimes it starts with no problems, and some other times it won't boot, just show me a black screen (with or without launch.ini at root directory on HD, eject button, HD in, no HD, LAN, no LAN, HDMI, AV Cord). I can see the RGH led blinking.

I feel really, really frustrated by this and I don't know what to do. I think I have narrow down the random game crash to the HD, but the black screen at boot time, I don't know what to do...

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I can help you with this problem if you message me on here!

Cellulose

Cellulose

Composition C is my family
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I should get member of the year for this one Hulk. I just helped this kid setup his ENTIRE RGH over TeamViewer and it was all in spanish...

Top Bottom
Login
Register