Status
Not open for further replies.
XeLife

XeLife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,

i am trying to get on a vpn for my xbox 360 because im tired of getting DDOSed...

i tought about using Hidemyass. My router Allows PPTP pass through. So it should work somehow.

Also my ethernet port ( local area connection ) is ****ed up, will need to reset all off that.

if anyone is up to help me with the full setup ill donate 20$

Thanks

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Hi, there are a few ways you could go about setting up a VPN on your Xbox.
First though you will need to decide on a VPN you wish to use. I suppose you could get a free one (definitly try a free one when trying to set it up) if you just want to use it in parties, but if you want it running the whole time you should really get a paid one.

Have a look on HERE for a list of some good VPN's. (PIA seems like a very good one but I don't have enough knowledge about this to really suggest one)

For the next part there a few different ways you could go. Flashed routers I believe they are called, can connect straight to the VPN. Ones something like that is set up any device on that network will be on the VPN.

Another way to achieve the same thing is to use your laptop to connect the xbox to. Your laptop will be on your VPN and the xbox's traffic is routed to go through the VPN. HERE you can find a guide on how to set this up on a Windows machine (The tutorial uses Windows Vista I believe).

For me personally that method didn't work, I had issues with my network adaptors, at the end everything was a mess and my Xbox couldn't connect to the internet at all.

So how I have personally set it up is with virtual router software called Connectify Hotspot.
I do suggest you take this approach as it litterly too easy. After having installed the software and having launched it you are prompted with a screen where you have to fill in the name of the virtual router, the password you would like, the internet you wish to share (this will be the VPN adaptor which should be there if you installed the VPN software) and finally the method of sharing; this can be over wifi and on the newest update also through a LAN cable!

I hope these guidelines help you. If you are attempting this and you run into problems please let me know.

XeLife

XeLife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, there are a few ways you could go about setting up a VPN on your Xbox.
First though you will need to decide on a VPN you wish to use. I suppose you could get a free one (definitly try a free one when trying to set it up) if you just want to use it in parties, but if you want it running the whole time you should really get a paid one.

Have a look on HERE for a list of some good VPN's. (PIA seems like a very good one but I don't have enough knowledge about this to really suggest one)

For the next part there a few different ways you could go. Flashed routers I believe they are called, can connect straight to the VPN. Ones something like that is set up any device on that network will be on the VPN.

Another way to achieve the same thing is to use your laptop to connect the xbox to. Your laptop will be on your VPN and the xbox's traffic is routed to go through the VPN. HERE you can find a guide on how to set this up on a Windows machine (The tutorial uses Windows Vista I believe).

For me personally that method didn't work, I had issues with my network adaptors, at the end everything was a mess and my Xbox couldn't connect to the internet at all.

So how I have personally set it up is with virtual router software called Connectify Hotspot.
I do suggest you take this approach as it litterly too easy. After having installed the software and having launched it you are prompted with a screen where you have to fill in the name of the virtual router, the password you would like, the internet you wish to share (this will be the VPN adaptor which should be there if you installed the VPN software) and finally the method of sharing; this can be over wifi and on the newest update also through a LAN cable!

I hope these guidelines help you. If you are attempting this and you run into problems please let me know.

thank you i will try :smile:

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
You can get a vpn client transmitted through wireless from laptop to xbox, while still being able to use your routers WiFi and it requires no extra cords or hardware all you need to get is a program called Connectify. I'll hook you up with a VPN if you need and PM me if you need help over TeamViewer. I'll do it all for the small price of $0.00, lol.

Army Strong

Army Strong

Hack Forums L33T Member
Reaction score
Sin$
You can get a vpn client transmitted through wireless from laptop to xbox, while still being able to use your routers WiFi and it requires no extra cords or hardware all you need to get is a program called Connectify. I'll hook you up with a VPN if you need and PM me if you need help over TeamViewer. I'll do it all for the small price of $0.00, lol.
Hey can you set me up? I always bump into skids on my rgh and they ddos me off because they get mad for giving my whole team streaks and stuff

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey can you set me up? I always bump into skids on my rgh and they ddos me off because they get mad for giving my whole team streaks and stuff
Contacted you about it, in a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register