What's new

Solved Help with RGH chips compatabilty

R

r987_

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I have a few questions.
What motherboards is ace v3 compatable with?
What motherboards is coolrunner rev c compatable with?
Are all chips compatable with all (except xenon) motherboards?
(For the same motherboard type) Can I use the same timing files (.xsvf) in ace v3 and in coolrunner rev c (and in general for all chips)?

Last edited:
Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ace v3 was designed for slims but is compatible with all phats (idk about xenon) as well.
Rev C was designed for phats but can be used on slims as well.
And yes, timing files are universal between chips.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Ace v3 was designed for slims but is compatible with all phats (idk about xenon) as well.
Rev C was designed for phats but can be used on slims as well.
And yes, timing files are universal between chips.
Timing files are not universal between chips, especially between an ace and a rev c. Some chips may use the same timing, in general terms a 5v chip will use the same timing as another 5v chip, but a 5v chip such as the ace will not use the same as a 3.3 v rev C.

Risking Perfect

Risking Perfect

I'm not dead, Just deployed
Super Moderators
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Timing files are not universal between chips, especially between an ace and a rev c. Some chips may use the same timing, in general terms a 5v chip will use the same timing as another 5v chip, but a 5v chip such as the ace will not use the same as a 3.3 v rev C.

Yeah, your right, I am just so used to them I chose timing files for the different chips without having to think very hard. Been at this way too long.

Correction: RGH Method Timing files are universal between chips. Like RGH2 timing files work on any rgh2 chip (Usually 5v). RGH 1.2 timing files work on RGH 1.2 chip (Usually 3v). And Muffin RGH Timing files work on muffin method chips (What I have seen they are usually 3v).

TheRealGiths

TheRealGiths

Reaction score
Sin$
Chips such as various Matrix and Ace revisions are cross-compatible. All installs are pretty much the same depending on what install you're wanting to do. I personally use Ace V3 for all Corona/Trinity consoles (Slims & some Slim E) and a Matrix Gitcher revision 1 for Xenon, Zephyr, Falcon and Jasper consoles (phats). This way you don't need any extra resistors for installs. Hope this helped!

Top Bottom
Login
Register