Solved Help with potentially modded 360

• Thread starter ashleyr
  • Start date
  • Views 134
A

ashleyr

Reaction score
Hi all

i got a used xbox360 for free wich playes copied games however i cant figure out if it is modded and wich method was used to mod it. I want to download xbox games and burn to disc or if possible install from usb to the console but do not know how seeimg that i dont know which method was used to mod it if modded.

What i know so far:
It can play copy as well as original disks
There are 3 folders ($systemupdate, videots,audiots) and one file named default.xex on all the copy discs for each game.

Please help or guide me in the right dorection, will appreciate the feedback

E

exoskeleton

Reaction score
The drive has been flashed with modded firmware most likely LT 3.0+

This allows you to play backed up/copied originals

The disc are dual layer discs with a set layer break depending in if it's a xdg2 or xdg3 game.
The system update and default.xex is what the drive reads to launch the game. The rest of the data is on the other layer I believe.

So in short. Backed up originals via DVD drive and No to being able to use usb or hdd unless you RGH the console .

A

ashleyr

Reaction score
Thank you for the response, i appreciate the feedback. Just to test, i will download an iso run it through abgx and burn it to a dl disc via imgburn then try the disc on the console

E

exoskeleton

Reaction score
I assume you have a burner that can burn xdg3 with the payload tool for overburn like a liteon Ihas drive ? If not test with xdg2 as any dl burner can write these .

And you know where to set the layerbreaks for each type of game xdg2 and xdg3 ?

The .DVD file usually sorts this within imageburn

Top Bottom