Help With My Wireless Router!!!

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by albert117, Jan 17, 2009 with 11 replies and 151 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. albert117

albert117 Newbie

Ratings:
    I have a Linksys WCG200 v2 and every time i use wireless it resets by itself. also if i buy a new wireless router from the store can activate it by my self with out my ISP or do i have to contact them.

2. Ibdc

Ibdc Retired Retired

Ratings:
    A router doesn't need activation. You connect it to your modem, power it on, install the drivers, and you're pretty much done. You shouldn't have to contact your ISP.

3. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Ibdc is right, all your router does is send your modem's signal throughout the house.

4. OP
    albert117

albert117 Newbie

Ratings:
    OK but i have a router/modem and when i connect my other router it doesn't work and don't you need to contact your ISP and give them your Router/Modem Mac address??

5. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    If your router doesn't work then your going to have to buy a new one it's that simple.

Also again, you do not have to contact your ISP.

6. OP
    albert117

albert117 Newbie

Ratings:
    can i connect a router with a router.

7. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Yes but there would be no point to it.

8. OP
    albert117

albert117 Newbie

Ratings:
    Well if you can how because i have a linksys WCG200 v2 and when i use wireless my router restarts be itself and i need a new router so i can use wireless.

9. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    If your not going to take my advice then stop asking for it.

Plus your question makes no sense. Why connect 2 routers when you only need 1 working one?

Look just face the fact that your going to have to buy a new router. Something inside it must have fried. I've had my router give out on me before as well. One night there was a storm and I had too many electronics on and BOOM, no more router.

S*** happens, accept it.

10. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    b-rad, know what you're talking about... router-router support is actually a rather tricky process. I know it may seem like a really simple concept, but it's not. Such as when I attempted to wire the warehouse with 2 routers, there's going to be conflict with them. Mainly because both routers want to setup a network on the 192.168.1.* range, and the one running off the first is going to run into errors when it's assigned an ip address in that same range. I also had errors with one that used a different ip range, but same concept... network incompatibility errors.

albert, mind giving me the model number for both routers? I saw that you have a WCG200, but I need the model # for your other one as well.

Also, read up on here: [Click here to view the link]

11. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Haxalot, I do know what I'm talking about.

If you read, he only has 1 router and he only needs one router. I already said it's possible to connect two. His current router doesn't work so there's no point in connecting anything until he gets another one.

12. OP
    albert117

albert117 Newbie

Ratings:
    can i have this thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.