What's new

Solved Help with modded controller?

Mach

iLONGBOWi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't really know where to put this, so here it is.

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine gave me a modded controller. The controller itself is in fine condition, but it seems like he might have messed up a few things while modding it. I haven't taken the controller apart to look at it yet, so I haven't tried ANY fixes.

1. Xbox/start/back buttons don't work at all.
2. When using the mod in MW3, It will only shoot in random bursts. Sometimes in bursts of 3, 6, sometimes a full magazine.. etc. It is barely noticeable with the MK14, however, and it finishes the mag no problem. Problems are with pistols and snipers.
3. The rings in the xbox button glow a very dim green now, is this because of the mod?

Do you guys have any ideas as to whats causing these problems? What do you suggest I do? Thanks and let me know.

Boar

The7thSin

'This Is The Way'
Mythical Veteran Stickied Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine gave me a modded controller. The controller itself is in fine condition, but it seems like he might have messed up a few things while modding it. I haven't taken the controller apart to look at it yet, so I haven't tried ANY fixes.

2. When using the mod in MW3, It will only shoot in random bursts. Sometimes in bursts of 3, 6, sometimes a full magazine.. etc. It is barely noticeable with the MK14, however, and it finishes the mag no problem. Problems are with pistols and snipers.
3. The rings in the xbox button glow a very dim green now, is this because of the mod?

Do you guys have any ideas as to whats causing these problems? What do you suggest I do? Thanks and let me know.
Ever ask him why he was giving up his controller?

aariakon

aariakon

Call me Daryl Dixon...
Reaction score
Sin$

Could be a number of things, could be some faulty wiring in the controller, could be the battery is dying and I know when my batteries are dying the weapons all shoot slower it seems. Could also be that it is set to one certain speed that goes along with the MK14, but not the others, I know that the pistols need a higher sps than the MK14, and what not.

Just ask him why he gave it to you in the first place..

Top Bottom
Login
Register