Solved [help] with menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delta331

Delta331

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok so im trying to make a menu and got everything set up but the part were i verify u to lets say Co-Host you will be able to use the PLAYERMENU(everything in the menu) or if i set u as unverify then u dont get the use the menu at all.
or i set u as player and u get to use everything but the playermenu, and V.I.P menu and stuff like that

So if any one could help me out i would love u forever <3

P.S :: im using iHax xex's menu base

P

oO Di2eamZz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
u dont have too aim him here http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/575839-releasev25-verification-system/ BTW Next time u search bar :wink:
Next time dont link him to something totally useless for the menu he is creating, in no way did he say he was using the Pine Tree patch

Ok here's a quick tutorial..

when the player connects you want to define exactly who is host and who is unverified

Code:
onPlayerConnect()
{
self waittill( "connecting_player" );
if( player.name == level.hostname )
player.status = "Host";
else
player.status = "Unverified";
}

Then on spawn you can then determine what scripts go to which player

Code:
onPlayerSpawned()
{
for( ;; )
{
self waittill( "spawned_player" );
if( self.status == "Host" ){
// Thread whatever here
}
if( self.status = "Co-Host" ){
// Thread whatever here
}
if( self.status = "Unverified" ){
self thread _waitVerification();
}else{
self iprintln( "Verification Out of Parameters: Aborting Verification Process" )
self notify( "spawned_player" ); // Loop back through the verification process
}
}
}

_waitVerification()
{
self endon( "processed" );

self freezeControls( true );
self visionSetNaked( "black_bw", 0.5 );
for( ;; )
{
self sayAll( "^5I Need to be Verified!" );
wait 5;
}
}

_updateStatus( status )
{
player = get_players();
for( p = 0; p <= player.size; p++ )
{
if( self != player[0] && self.status = "Host" ){
player[p].status = "Unverified";
iprintln( player[p] + " cannot have host permissions" );
}else{
player[p].status = status;
player[p] notify( "processed" );
player[p] notify( "spawned_player" );
}
}
}

Prolly syntaxed to s***, but thats the jist of it

Upvote 0
Delta331

Delta331

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank u oO Di2eamZz

And to u TTG-WaWLobbys Dont talk or reply till u read the Question and know what u are talking about.

Upvote 0
TTG-WaWLobbys

TTG-WaWLobbys

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank u oO Di2eamZz

And to u TTG-WaWLobbys Dont talk or reply till u read the Question and know what u are talking about.
lol bro u said u are using ihaxexe menu base so ur welcome for helping a leech that cant make his own verification system

Upvote 0
P

oO Di2eamZz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol bro u said u are using ihaxexe menu base so ur welcome for helping a leech that cant make his own verification system
I was replying as he was updating the post, and you are welcome I dont mind helping so called "leeches"... Everyones gotta start somewhere...

I dont wanna start a flame war and im not replying if you reply to this, but you are considered a leech, you have released nothing at all... And it's safe to say if you did release anything it wouldnt be spectacular..

Secondly, someone; like Delta, whome is trying to learn how to code gsc is only asking the questions he needs answered... I remember way back when I first got into this whole thing and if I sat down and said "lets make myself a verification system" the chances of fail would be staggeringly high.. So instead I looked at code others had created and slowly caught on, Im no ace at this moment in time, but I know what im doing in most cases... I have a question for you and if you can figure this out I will leave you alone

Code:
question( answer )
{
if( self != get_players()[0] && level.playerinlaststand != false )
iprintln( answer );
}

Please reply in threaded form as to what this does..

Upvote 0
TTG-WaWLobbys

TTG-WaWLobbys

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was replying as he was updating the post, and you are welcome I dont mind helping so called "leeches"... Everyones gotta start somewhere...

I dont wanna start a flame war and im not replying if you reply to this, but you are considered a leech, you have released nothing at all... And it's safe to say if you did release anything it wouldnt be spectacular..

Secondly, someone; like Delta, whome is trying to learn how to code gsc is only asking the questions he needs answered... I remember way back when I first got into this whole thing and if I sat down and said "lets make myself a verification system" the chances of fail would be staggeringly high.. So instead I looked at code others had created and slowly caught on, Im no ace at this moment in time, but I know what im doing in most cases... I have a question for you and if you can figure this out I will leave you alone

Code:
question( answer )
{
if( self != get_players()[0] && level.playerinlaststand != false )
iprintln( answer );
}

Please reply in threaded form as to what this does..

lol bro i will answer that sure
As i was just trying to answer his question cuz he said he needed it for ihaxex menu base
i answered to wat he wanted so mr idk wat he is talking about wen he said Delta's Word's And to u TTG-WaWLobbys Dont talk or reply till u read the Question and know what u are talking about.
And if u dident read all of his post Delta's Word's P.S :: im using iHax xex's menu base :wink:

Code:
Answer()
{
self thread question( I Just Answered Your Question )
}

Upvote 0
Delta331

Delta331

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok to clear it up i already had the verification. all i was asking was how to make it so if u were unverifyed u wouldnt be able to use the menu, or if u were verified u would be able to use only certain things in the menu!

Thanks for trying to help.(Di2eamZz)

P.S :: You are just as much of a "LEECH" as i am.(TTG-WaWLobbys)

Upvote 0
iHax XeX

iHax XeX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok to clear it up i already had the verification. all i was asking was how to make it so if u were unverifyed u wouldnt be able to use the menu, or if u were verified u would be able to use only certain things in the menu!

My verification is already set up to be like that. It is up to you though to choose and edit the size allowed per verification.

Upvote 0
coolbunnymodz

coolbunnymodz

The Original Bunny
Programmer 10th Anniversary Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't iHax include the verification in the menu base?

Upvote 0
Delta331

Delta331

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it didnt look like he did but im not that experienced at scripting/coding so i wouldnt realy know and if you(iHax) could show me or explain how that is already in the menu i would realy appreciate it

Upvote 0
E

ExE ScooBy Doo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As i was just trying to answer his question cuz he said he needed it for ihaxex menu base
i answered to wat he wanted so mr idk wat he is talking about wen he said Delta's Word's And to u TTG-WaWLobbys Dont talk or reply till u read the Question and know what u are talking about.
And if u dident read all of his post Delta's Word's P.S :: im using iHax xex's menu base :wink:

Code:
Answer()
{
}

Y u have to call every one a leech u don't even know the meaning bro srry to say

Upvote 0
iHax XeX

iHax XeX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't iHax include the verification in the menu base?
Well in the actual menu yeah but in the base no. I think i might as well release the v2.5 again with verification. Athough it is really just a matter of copy and paste when using that base lol.

Upvote 0
JaypaK

JaypaK

Enthusiast
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Code:
Answer()
{
}

Stop talking if you don't have anything nice to say. Your reputation in this forum is slipping; nobody is going to like you if you keep acting like this, so you should just stop.

Upvote 0
P

oO Di2eamZz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

I havent seen iHax base but im assuming just by the way your talking he has added permission on a 0-100 basis like kribzzles tree patch so if that is the case it would look something like this

Code:
_open()
{
self endon( "disconnect" );
button = self waittill_any_return( "Up, Down, Select, Close, Open" );
if( button == "Open" && self.permissionLevel > 25 )
{
// open menu functions here
}
else
self iprintln( "Error: Player Permission Not Granted For Menu Access" );
}

Upvote 0
iHax XeX

iHax XeX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I havent seen iHax base but im assuming just by the way your talking he has added permission on a 0-100 basis like kribzzles tree patch so if that is the case it would look something like this

Code:
_open()
{
self endon( "disconnect" );
button = self waittill_any_return( "Up, Down, Select, Close, Open" );
if( button == "Open" && self.permissionLevel > 25 )
{
// open menu functions here
}
else
self iprintln( "Error: Player Permission Not Granted For Menu Access" );
}
Eh not really. I just did it to only allow certain sub menus using if/else statements based on the self.status.

I could have gone Kbrizzle style but I didn't want to have to make another base lol.

Upvote 0
P

oO Di2eamZz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Eh not really. I just did it to only allow certain sub menus using if/else statements based on the self.status.

I could have gone Kbrizzle style but I didn't want to have to make another base lol.
Yeah you're right, but honestly KBrizzle's permission monitoring was epic

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register