What's new

Question Help With Mac Address(Serious help)

LUC1FER

LUC1FER

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I changed my Ipads mac addres and i typed it down somewhere but I lost it!(Yes I know im stupid) anyways after changing it and reeboting my ipad everytime i try to boot it up it goes past the apple logo and then I just get a black screen! I have tried rebooting a couple of times and still the same problem can some one help me?

Operating System
  1. iOS
A

Arjan

Thanks guys.
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I changed my Ipads mac addres and i typed it down somewhere but I lost it!(Yes I know im stupid) anyways after changing it and reeboting my ipad everytime i try to boot it up it goes past the apple logo and then I just get a black screen! I have tried rebooting a couple of times and still the same problem can some one help me?
Put the iPad into recovery mode. Then restore it via iTunes.

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You could try plugging your device into your pc, open ifunbox, go to var/keychains/ and delete the keychains-2.db file and reboot and that might work. You will lose all of your cookies doing so.

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you able to see your device in iFunbox? Also, DO NOT RESTORE despite of what others have said. Restoring your device will completely brick your iPad as it doesn't restore your MAC address.
Could you also tell me how you tried to change the MAC address? Did you add a variable to the nvram? Did you use network cmds?

LUC1FER

LUC1FER

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you able to see your device in iFunbox? Also, DO NOT RESTORE despite of what others have said. Restoring your device will completely brick your iPad as it doesn't restore your MAC address.
Could you also tell me how you tried to change the MAC address? Did you add a variable to the nvram? Did you use network cmds?
I wouldnt know I dont have a computer available atm! And I changed the mac with mobile terminal and I did add variables also used network cmds. If you could help me i would really apriciate it!

Last edited:
Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldnt know I dont have a computer available atm! And I changed the mac with mobile terminal and I did add variables also used network cmds. If you could help me i would really apriciate it!
Pheww good to hear you didn't restore yet then. If you cannot access mobileterminal on your iPad then I'm afraid you will need a PC so that you can use the terminal emulator in iFunbox. You also need to have Apple File Conduit 2 installed.

LUC1FER

LUC1FER

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Pheww good to hear you didn't restore yet then. If you cannot access mobileterminal on your iPad then I'm afraid you will need a PC so that you can use the terminal emulator in iFunbox. You also need to have Apple File Conduit 2 installed.
Yea I have a pc just dont have it atm since im on vacation! But thank you I will try this... also what do I do once I have access to mobile terminal from my pc?

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well you must have Apple File Conduit installed, otherwise you won't be able to access the terminal emulator in iFunbox.
Once you are in though, sign into root: "su" then for the password "alpine" (unless you changed it).
Then, "nvram -d wifiaddr" (this is under the assumption that you use the wifiaddr variable to change your mac address. If you don't remember, just do this command anyway, it won't hurt.)
You also said you used netword cmds? I'll need to know what you did in there to help you restore that part to stock.

EDIT: If you followed some kind of guide it'd be good if you could link me to it.

LUC1FER

LUC1FER

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Well you must have Apple File Conduit installed, otherwise you won't be able to access the terminal emulator in iFunbox.
Once you are in though, sign into root: "su" then for the password "alpine" (unless you changed it).
Then, "nvram -d wifiaddr" (this is under the assumption that you use the wifiaddr variable to change your mac address. If you don't remember, just do this command anyway, it won't hurt.)
You also said you used netword cmds? I'll need to know what you did in there to help you restore that part to stock.

EDIT: If you followed some kind of guide it'd be good if you could link me to it.
Sure I used this I was trying to connect to a hotspot and I managed to do it on my galaxy but failed on my ipad...https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d1MZQiytCDQ&ved=0CB8QtwIwAWoVChMIvYeAncr7xgIVg5IeCh1SKgn-&usg=AFQjCNGXxE4Ba6XiaHy7_1Ao0BSutWOYJw&sig2=cDtRD1fXZ6yj5grit4G49w

Sn0wzy

Sn0wzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Top Bottom
Login
Register