Discussion Help with laptop

Pulsate

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Okay so I own a Alienware m9750 laptop

For the price I paid, it's total ****. So I'm asking you guys for some help. I can't even get 20FPS on WoW in high res -_-..

List a couple things I can do to improve its performance

I already OC'd it to 2.3GHz via ClockGen and it's running very stable at 55-60 degrees. I know most of you swear by BIOS but quite frankly I don't have the time for that.

If you're going to comment saying some **** like "I wasted my money" save it, I already know, and I found out the hard way.

Anything would help

Pulsate

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
How do I go about finding out what type of RAM I have (200pin 204pin...etc) without opening my laptop up

I know there's a slot for it but I'm mad lazy and I don't want to ruin anything

Pulsate

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Awesomeeeeee =D. Okay now is there anything else, even to make a start-up slightly faster?

TiNd3r

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Ram would make it start up faster...upgrading to windows 7 made my laptop start up waaay faster. Make sure your battery settings are on maximum performance.
defrag your hard drive, uninstall all the crap you have.
a program called tuneup or something like that is pretty good.

Pulsate

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Is there a difference between me buying Windows 7 Home Premium for System builders and a regular factory one, other than price?

could I also buy an upgrade if im going from 32x vista to 64x win7?

Madman340

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
I hear upgrades are buggy, but it's possible to make it install fresh as opposed to simply trying to 'move' it all over to W7. (Upgrading)

SupremeCippy

Getting There
Reaction score
Pulsate said:
Is there a difference between me buying Windows 7 Home Premium for System builders and a regular factory one, other than price?

could I also buy an upgrade if im going from 32x vista to 64x win7?
i believe all you have to do is make a back up of your system somewhere and then upgrade then restore the back up. but that can cause your system to be buggy.

Top Bottom