Help with lag switch

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by EmberLight, Dec 8, 2008 with 5 replies and 1,291 views.

1. EmberLight

EmberLight Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I made a lag switch a while ago as i wanted to do some glitches with my mate on gears of war 2 but for some reason my lag switch only works for me! I wanted to host games and use the lag switch for my mate but it doesn't work for him is there any way i can fix this? my lagswitch is not made in the normal way it is an ethernet cable with a switch in it but it is plugged into a power line ethernet adapter as my xbox is not near enough to my router/modem for the cable to be plugged straight into that.:thumbup: (sorry for the long post):thumbup:

2. bubblebuddyi

bubblebuddyi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    your lag switch wont work for your friend... think about it. the switch is connected to your ethernet wire, your connection. how is it supost to standby for your friend whos on a different ethernet wire, different connection?

3. OP
    EmberLight

EmberLight Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My old lag switch (which i broke) used to work when i hosted matches for him so did my old standby obviously not when i wasn't host:thumbup:

4. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    If you are host then when you turn on your lag switch it will lag switch for him, just keep it on. Trust me it will work for him if you are host in the same way it works for only you when you are not host.

5. OP
    EmberLight

EmberLight Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok then i will try that later although i'm not sure it will work :S

just remembered i can still do the invisible host for my mate (when he's hosting i use the lag switch) yet i cnt do anything else e.g airwalk when i'm hosting :?

*i cnt do anything else for him

6. BriBear

BriBear Newbie

Ratings:
    DOes the pause button on your modem count as a lag switch, or does that not work