What's new

Solved Help with finding the mod menu on a modded XBox I just bought

LostLady

LostLady

Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a used modded XBox, with 500GB internal hardrive that is full of games (I can see this in storage, it is absolutely full, but I can't see all of the games that are installed). And I'll say this now just because I know someone is going to think that I was ripped off... I'm 99% sure I was not, the guy who sold it has answered all of my phone calls, and even video chatted with me to try and help me figure it out. Now he's actually asked me to send it back to him so he can figure it out at home, and I'd rather not do that (especially because I'm pretty sure I won't get all my money back... he'll give me some of it, but he keeps saying "you have had it now for 2 days, so..."... but of course, without being able to find the mod menu, I haven't actually played it at all), so I'm coming here to ask...

Anyway, he says he's been using it for over a year, and what happens is he turns on the console, and as it is turning on, he pushes some buttons, and it immedietely goes to the mod menu, and he runs it from there. But, the problem is he can't remember what buttons to push -- he says it became a reflex, and without the box in his home, he can't remember what to do (this was what a lot of our video chat was... him saying "okay, turn it off again... this time try the trigger buttons plus X..."). Nothing we tried worked, and it always goes to the menu with the XBox avatars, and then to the main XBox home screen. He says he never actually saw this screen when he was using it, so he's not sure what to do. In my own research online I did find information about Xex mods, and how to find those (installed as a demo, etc...), but it's not that... there are no demos installed on the harddrive (either in storage or in the gaming menu)... and he says that's not what he did anyway, again... he just booted the machine, and it would go to the mod menu, where all the preinstalled games were listed.

Any ideas what the button combination could be? Thanks in advance!

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
First things first, you don’t use a combination of buttons to load a mod menu, it’s either loaded or not!

Meaning the menu will be on the hard drive somewhere,

Best way to find it would be to get xbox 360 neighbourhood and have a look through the hard drive else you won’t ever find it, once you have found it it could be in the actual game folder meaning it loads when you launch the game.

But if it’s a xex menu then it will need to be added to the launch.ini to load.

And may I ask what mod menu are you actually trying to find?

LostLady

LostLady

Reaction score
Sin$
First things first, you don’t use a combination of buttons to load a mod menu, it’s either loaded or not!

Meaning the menu will be on the hard drive somewhere,

Best way to find it would be to get xbox 360 neighbourhood and have a look through the hard drive else you won’t ever find it, once you have found it it could be in the actual game folder meaning it loads when you launch the game.

But if it’s a xex menu then it will need to be added to the launch.ini to load.

And may I ask what mod menu are you actually trying to find?

Frustratingly, I don't know what mod menu I'm trying to find, he says "it should just open in the mod menu when you turn it on", and he's sent me a picture of what it should look like, but I can't see what the name of the mod is -- it's just all the games horizontally and you scroll through them and they rotate.

He also didn't delete anything before he sold it to me, he even left his two profiles loaded onto it...

Anyway, getting xbox 360 neighbourhood.... is that something I would put on a usb and then load onto the xbox?

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Frustratingly, I don't know what mod menu I'm trying to find, he says "it should just open in the mod menu when you turn it on", and he's sent me a picture of what it should look like, but I can't see what the name of the mod is -- it's just all the games horizontally and you scroll through them and they rotate.

He also didn't delete anything before he sold it to me, he even left his two profiles loaded onto it...

Anyway, getting xbox 360 neighbourhood.... is that something I would put on a usb and then load onto the xbox?

Personally with you lack of experience I would say to go and watch Modded Warfares tutorials over on YouTube before you do anything else, not to sound harsh or anything but you don’t exactly know what you’re doing. If you watch them you’ll understand more about the console and how to use it.

LostLady

LostLady

Reaction score
Sin$
Personally with you lack of experience I would say to go and watch Modded Warfares tutorials over on YouTube before you do anything else, not to sound harsh or anything but you don’t exactly know what you’re doing. If you watch them you’ll understand more about the console and how to use it.
Heh, no offense taken... I absolutely don't know what I'm doing, I bought this because it was supposed to be already modded with games previously installed, so I wasn't supposed to have to do anything... I just can't figure out how to get to the mod menu...

Shoe

Shoe

♛COTM July 2016♛
Hidden Devils
CotM FotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
Heh, no offense taken... I absolutely don't know what I'm doing, I bought this because it was supposed to be already modded with games previously installed, so I wasn't supposed to have to do anything... I just can't figure out how to get to the mod menu...

Watch all them videos then you will know pretty much everything my dude.

A

anewdude

Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a used modded XBox, with 500GB internal hardrive that is full of games (I can see this in storage, it is absolutely full, but I can't see all of the games that are installed). And I'll say this now just because I know someone is going to think that I was ripped off... I'm 99% sure I was not, the guy who sold it has answered all of my phone calls, and even video chatted with me to try and help me figure it out. Now he's actually asked me to send it back to him so he can figure it out at home, and I'd rather not do that (especially because I'm pretty sure I won't get all my money back... he'll give me some of it, but he keeps saying "you have had it now for 2 days, so..."... but of course, without being able to find the mod menu, I haven't actually played it at all), so I'm coming here to ask...

Anyway, he says he's been using it for over a year, and what happens is he turns on the console, and as it is turning on, he pushes some buttons, and it immedietely goes to the mod menu, and he runs it from there. But, the problem is he can't remember what buttons to push -- he says it became a reflex, and without the box in his home, he can't remember what to do (this was what a lot of our video chat was... him saying "okay, turn it off again... this time try the trigger buttons plus X..."). Nothing we tried worked, and it always goes to the menu with the XBox avatars, and then to the main XBox home screen. He says he never actually saw this screen when he was using it, so he's not sure what to do. In my own research online I did find information about Xex mods, and how to find those (installed as a demo, etc...), but it's not that... there are no demos installed on the harddrive (either in storage or in the gaming menu)... and he says that's not what he did anyway, again... he just booted the machine, and it would go to the mod menu, where all the preinstalled games were listed.

Any ideas what the button combination could be? Thanks in advance!
Hi there, just figured out the combination. Use the ‘back’ button, ‘black’ button, and the two back bumpers and it will take you to the mod menu. So it does exist. For the person that claimed it didn’t.

Top Bottom
Login
Register