What's new

Question Help with E3 Flasher NOR Clip

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I am attempting to downgrade my CECHH01 PS3 with an E3 Flasher NOR Clip. I've currently tried it twice with no success and I don't want to damage the PS3. I've installed the Clip as shown in tutorials and both times, the flasher is giving an error code which means the clip doesn't have enough pressure. I have no clue why it is giving this error. The second time I tried it, I taped down the clip to the chip and it still gave the error. Can anyone help me out?

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
I am attempting to downgrade my CECHH01 PS3 with an E3 Flasher NOR Clip. I've currently tried it twice with no success and I don't want to damage the PS3. I've installed the Clip as shown in tutorials and both times, the flasher is giving an error code which means the clip doesn't have enough pressure. I have no clue why it is giving this error. The second time I tried it, I taped down the clip to the chip and it still gave the error. Can anyone help me out?

I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but it is your clip. You need to re seat it on the NOR chip and make sure that when you flip the motherboard back over that it doesn't come loose at all, then while screwing the two main clamps down I suggest you do them both at the same alternating between the two as you screw them down to keep the pressure consistent all the way around. The E3 Flasher clips are a b*tch to work with, especially with Fats but just keep at it and don't lose your patience you'll get it! :smile:

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but it is your clip. You need to re seat it on the NOR chip and make sure that when you flip the motherboard back over that it doesn't come loose at all, then while screwing the two main clamps down I suggest you do them both at the same alternating between the two as you screw them down to keep the pressure consistent all the way around. The E3 Flasher clips are a b*tch to work with, especially with Fats but just keep at it and don't lose your patience you'll get it! :smile:
Well, I'll try that out in a few, but I just don't want to have to keep reseating the clip onto the flasher. A long time ago while trying to downgrade my Slim PS3, a pin on both the clip and the Flasher broke off so the flasher was pretty much done. This is the last Flasher I'm gonna buy. They are very poorly built and don't like to do their jobs well.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The error I'm getting is 10001100 which is Failed to read PS3 BIOS. Just so you know, the E3 FLasher is new and, as far as I know, has only been used a few times. Also the PS3 is CECHH01. I've reseated the clip 3 times on both the PS3 and the Flasher.

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
The error I'm getting is 10001100 which is Failed to read PS3 BIOS. Just so you know, the E3 FLasher is new and, as far as I know, has only been used a few times. Also the PS3 is CECHH01. I've reseated the clip 3 times on both the PS3 and the Flasher.

You aren't getting enough pressure on the clip to where it is making proper contact with all of the connectors on the NOR chip, I suggest finding something fairly heavy to sit on top of the mother board to help since Fats have the chip on the bottom it makes to 10x more difficult to downgrade.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You aren't getting enough pressure on the clip to where it is making proper contact with all of the connectors on the NOR chip, I suggest finding something fairly heavy to sit on top of the mother board to help since Fats have the chip on the bottom it makes to 10x more difficult to downgrade.
I have taped down the clip with Electrical Tape. What else could I do? For my Slim(Which didn't work also), I taped a few Pennies on to the clip.

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
I have taped down the clip with Electrical Tape. What else could I do? For my Slim(Which didn't work also), I taped a few Pennies on to the clip.

Do you have a few books you can sit on top of the motherboard? I personally used a couple of boxes of ammo to put more pressure. Like I said Fats are 10x times harder to downgrade. Try clean off the chip and the clip with rubbing alcohol and then try again while adding more pressure.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you have a few books you can sit on top of the motherboard? I personally used a couple of boxes of ammo to put more pressure. Like I said Fats are 10x times harder to downgrade. Try clean off the chip and the clip with rubbing alcohol and then try again while adding more pressure.
Should I use the PS3 without putting the Motherboard into the housing? I've been putting it into the bottom housing so it doesn't sit on carpet. And if so, do i sit it with the Fan and Chipside up?

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Should I use the PS3 without putting the Motherboard into the housing? I've been putting it into the bottom housing so it doesn't sit on carpet. And if so, do i sit it with the Fan and Chipside up?

I have always left it in the housing, what you are suggesting is a new theory that I have not ever tried and I would say go for it if you can make it work that way. :smile:

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I have always left it in the housing, what you are suggesting is a new theory that I have not ever tried and I would say go for it if you can make it work that way. :smile:
Can I ask if you've ever tried hacking a CECHH01? The thing is absolute hell to re-assemble and I can't put it in the housing with the back plate in it. And I really don't want to break anything right now. My last flasher broke 2 pins and the last PS3 got the un-fixable YLOD. I'm honestly at a loss right now. I don't wanna keep taking this PS3 apart to avoid the Thermal Paste drying and wearing out.

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Can I ask if you've ever tried hacking a CECHH01? The thing is absolute hell to re-assemble and I can't put it in the housing with the back plate in it. And I really don't want to break anything right now. My last flasher broke 2 pins and the last PS3 got the un-fixable YLOD. I'm honestly at a loss right now. I don't wanna keep taking this PS3 apart to avoid the Thermal Paste drying and wearing out.

By hacking you mean downgrading with an E3 Flasher correct? If so then yes I have done several Fats, and they were all huge pain in the @sses! But when you remove the top silver cover to get the mother board out you should be replacing it along with the 2 big clamps that hold in place, the clip itself should run out to the Flasher that should be sitting where the HDD is supposed to be, as you reassemble the "essential" pieces to make the console work you should be extra careful when placing parts on top of where the clip is since it can get knocked loose. Like I said you need more pressure, I would use coins to the back of the clip so that when you set the motherboard back down the coins provide added pressure when you clamp the cover back down.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
By hacking you mean downgrading with an E3 Flasher correct? If so then yes I have done several Fats, and they were all huge pain in the @sses! But when you remove the top silver cover to get the mother board out you should be replacing it along with the 2 big clamps that hold in place, the clip itself should run out to the Flasher that should be sitting where the HDD is supposed to be, as you reassemble the "essential" pieces to make the console work you should be extra careful when placing parts on top of where the clip is since it can get knocked loose. Like I said you need more pressure, I would use coins to the back of the clip so that when you set the motherboard back down the coins provide added pressure when you clamp the cover back down.
OK, I just tried it with 2 Pennies and still get the error. Also, this time the clip Snapped into the NOR Chip like it seated right. Now I'm really losing faith here.

sand1303

sand1303

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure none of the little surface mounted resistors are getting in the way next to the chip. If that ain't a problem then I know u taped all sorts of stuff but I too fooled with mine forever. Only way I could get a good reading is to place something on top of the clip and rest my hands on it and lay my head down on my hands. I know that sounds retarded but the only way to keep enough constant pressure on it during the flashing and backing up process. I used the no sata station video in reapers Thread so I had mine all opened up when I did it. I think I jacked up the pins on my first clip because I forced it down too hard so u just have to find the right amount of pressure.

Slvr99

Slvr99

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure none of the little surface mounted resistors are getting in the way next to the chip. If that ain't a problem then I know u taped all sorts of stuff but I too fooled with mine forever. Only way I could get a good reading is to place something on top of the clip and rest my hands on it and lay my head down on my hands. I know that sounds retarded but the only way to keep enough constant pressure on it during the flashing and backing up process. I used the no sata station video in reapers Thread so I had mine all opened up when I did it. I think I jacked up the pins on my first clip because I forced it down too hard so u just have to find the right amount of pressure.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out tomorrow. I'm way too tired of this clip to do it today.

neon83

neon83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just did my first jailbreak on a slim this week and had a lot of trouble with the clip. I ended up taking a razor knife and shaved down the plastic on all four sides. Very careful not to mess up pins cause they are already almost flush with the plastic. This worked for me started getting good dumps right away also used a roll of quarters in a pill bottle as a weight to hold the clip down tight. Just be very careful messing with the clip.

str33tlegalmodz

str33tlegalmodz

Reaction score
Sin$

put an eraser underneath where the nor chip will be when you flip it back over you may need to add some toilet paper onto for an extra millimeter or too for extra pressure i personally took a playing card and folded it up and put it ontop of the eraser when you flip the board over the clip will sit on the eraser and when you tighten down your plates it will push them together just make sure your heat plates are touching i didnt and my ps3 kept overheat i had to cut the card i added ontop of the eraser in half.. hope this helps its a bit late for an answere but....

Top Bottom
Login
Register