What's new

Solved Help with Determining which exploit to use :)

O

o Hamilton 22 o

Reaction score
Hello, I've recently got my hands on what I think is a falcon v1 but I'm not sure. The power socket is the same as a falcon but I think the date isn't right. I'm probably just being a noob here lol.

Anyway. I'm wondering if anyone anyone can help me with what is the best exploit to use and what equipment to buy as I've looked around and loads say RGH or RGH 2 but all the posts seem old and I want to know if there is anything new that I've not seen. Any help would be appreciated as to what is best to do and up to date tutorials please. Thank you!

Here are some images to help determine the Xbox, also the dash is 2.0.17150.0

yml7RgF.jpg

XaAFw1F.jpg

Harmonic

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
Best method for a phat is RGH1.2. Boot times close to, if not the same as a Jtag.

For this method you'd need a Coolrunner Rev C. You can pick one up on eBay for around £5.50 or $7.

O

o Hamilton 22 o

Reaction score
Best method for a phat is RGH1.2. Boot times close to, if not the same as a Jtag.

For this method you'd need a Coolrunner Rev C. You can pick one up on eBay for around £5.50 or $7.
Is that all that is needed?

Would this be all that I will need to purchase? If anyone can give me a list of everything I need to buy to do the RGH1.2 I'd appreciate it

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Is that all that is needed?

Would this be all that I will need to purchase? If anyone can give me a list of everything I need to buy to do the RGH1.2 I'd appreciate it
•Coolrunner Rev C
•J-R Programmer V2 Or Nand X
•Soldering Wire
•Soldering Iron
•Flux
•Most Important Soldering Skills

2liftheavy

2liftheavy

Getting There
Reaction score
Falcon is falcon to me
All falcons have or will get RROD regardless of what error code it throws.
They are all reflowed or reballed the same
They are all RGH'd the same, using the same timing file
So many people get caught up in what version the motherboard is, when it really doesn't matter, unless you're RGH'ing a corona

XeFalcon RGH

XeFalcon RGH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Falcon v1 is the early batch (Fall 2007, has 16.5a label for some reason)

It's going to be a 10 year old console in a few months, replace the thermal paste and clean out the mobo to give it life.

80% fan speed too

iIVIoNoXiDe

iIVIoNoXiDe

JTAG/RGH Seller
Reaction score
I personally on this console would use RGH1.2. Matrix v3 chip with oscillator bridge removed. job done (j r programmer v2 or nand x to read the nand)

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Falcon is falcon to me
All falcons have or will get RROD regardless of what error code it throws.
They are all reflowed or reballed the same
They are all RGH'd the same, using the same timing file
So many people get caught up in what version the motherboard is, when it really doesn't matter, unless you're RGH'ing a corona
Actually, there are at least two different Falcon versions, maybe even three. Main difference is one has RAM chips on both sides, like Zephyrs and Xenons, the other has them only on the top side, like a Jasper.

iIVIoNoXiDe

iIVIoNoXiDe

JTAG/RGH Seller
Reaction score
Actually, there are at least two different Falcon versions, maybe even three. Main difference is one has RAM chips on both sides, like Zephyrs and Xenons, the other has them only on the top side, like a Jasper.
I never knew this, mainly because I've never needed to but nice to know