Solved Help with compiling Assembly...

• Thread starter Oompaloompee
  • Start date
  • Views 749
Oompaloompee

Oompaloompee

Reaction score
Sin$
In a wrap, I just need help compiling Assembly. I know how to use the tool from there, just getting it working with Microsoft Studio issue. To be as honest as possible I don't have the first clue on how to use Microsoft Studio, just sort of have an idea on it's purpose. If anyone could give a detailed semi-noob explanation(possibly with a few screenshots) tutorial, I would ever so much appreciate it. I am only aiming to modify forge limits and cash usage like I used to for Halo Reach, nothing else.

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Just look at the actual errors it gives (not warnings) when trying to build.
Assuming you have VS2012 all you need to do is fix the reference to XDevKit.dll in the XBDMCommunicator Project. (last one in the Solution Explorer)

Upvote 0
TKDK4

TKDK4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just look at the actual errors it gives (not warnings) when trying to build.
Assuming you have VS2012 all you need to do is fix the reference to XDevKit.dll in the XBDMCommunicator Project. (last one in the Solution Explorer)

I'm getting 6 errors.

Xdevkit, IXboxManager, Xboxconsole, IXboxDebugTarget and XboxManager can't be found. Use of unassigned local variable 'response'.

Upvote 0
amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm getting 6 errors.

Xdevkit, IXboxManager, Xboxconsole, IXboxDebugTarget and XboxManager can't be found. Use of unassigned local variable 'response'.
First, get XDevkit.dll somehow (I won't tell you how because it's technically illegal to have it; all I can say is that it's part of the Xbox 360 SDK). In the Solution Explorer, expand XBDMCommunicator, right click on References, select Add Reference, click Browse, and navigate to XDevkit.dll. Try re-building.

If you get Expression Blend-related errors, then you may also need this.

Upvote 0
TKDK4

TKDK4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First, get XDevkit.dll somehow (I won't tell you how because it's technically illegal to have it; all I can say is that it's part of the Xbox 360 SDK). In the Solution Explorer, expand XBDMCommunicator, right click on References, select Add Reference, click Browse, and navigate to XDevkit.dll. Try re-building.

If you get Expression Blend-related errors, then you may also need this.

Okay, thank you so much amd.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register