• Start date
  • Views 17,344
Holy Jesus

sleezecheeze

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Contest Sponsor Grammar Nazi Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys. Somehow I have a few files laying around in the format of .IFO .BUP and .VOB. I have absolutely no idea how they got there, but oh well :wink:

I've been experimenting with burning these files and making a perfect copy of a DVD, menu and everything. I'm using a full version of ashampoo burning studio 2012. I select the right option, select the folder, blah blah blah. It writes reasonably quick, takes probably 20 minutes at 8x. This is the first clue that something is wrong, I wouldn't think it would burn a 4GB + DVD in 20 minutes.

It says that everything is successful blah blah blah, but when I put the DVD in a DVD player it says 'no disc'. I put it in my computer, Windows media player recognizes the DVD and the chapters, but won't actually play it. I have another DVD player on my computer, and it says 'press play or insert a dvd'. I press play and it goes blank for a second then reverts to the same message.

On the disc there is a video ts folder, and an audio ts folder. The audio one is empty, and all of the files are in the video ts folder. I'm not sure why it's not working, I'm a little behind the times, help please? haha

DCCFOUX

DCCFOUX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It is highly recommended that you check your registry for file association errors (will also check for any other registry errors).
I think you only need the .vob file because .bup is the backup file and .ifo is the info file. Is this for like a regular movie?

Holy Jesus

sleezecheeze

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Reaction score
Sin$
It is highly recommended that you check your registry for file association errors (will also check for any other registry errors).
I think you only need the .vob file because .bup is the backup file and .ifo is the info file. Is this for like a regular movie?

Yes. The sofware says that I need to select a folder with the correct .ifo .vob and .bup

I've already burnt a few copies differently but I don't want just the movie file, I want the menu and everything also

DCCFOUX

DCCFOUX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. The sofware says that I need to select a folder with the correct .ifo .vob and .bup

I've already burnt a few copies differently but I don't want just the movie file, I want the menu and everything also
OH, I see, than I have no clue

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I use dvd flick to convert my avi/mkv/mp4 to iso format. It usually takes about an hour and a half. Then you can burn the iso with IMGburn, which takes 18 minutes. They work in all dvd players and on the xbox too. Not sure about ps3 but I'm almost positive it will.

Holy Jesus

sleezecheeze

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Reaction score
Sin$
I use dvd flick to convert my avi/mkv/mp4 to iso format. It usually takes about an hour and a half. Then you can burn the iso with IMGburn, which takes 18 minutes. They work in all dvd players and on the xbox too. Not sure about ps3 but I'm almost positive it will.

I might give DVD flick a try. Never tried burning a iso movie, is it fairly self explanatory or is it different to burning .avi files?

ZMOT

ZMOT

Steve Harvey
AzzidReign Jr Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I might give DVD flick a try. Never tried burning a iso movie, is it fairly self explanatory or is it different to burning .avi files?
With IMGburn its easy. You click load file, pick the movie you want and click burn.

Holy Jesus

sleezecheeze

Drunk MOTY 2011-14
Reaction score
Sin$
I've been told by someone in the know that I'm using the wrong type of discs. I was using DVD-R's, so I've lent a couple of DVD+R's to experiment with. Hopefully this will work

Top Bottom
Login
Register