• Start date
  • Views 843
Q

qowenp

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi

I have read this guide:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/bridging-tutorials/23251-bridging-zone-alarm.html

And managed to set up my Xbox 360 so it is connected to the PC and bridged with my other network/internet connection. I can now connect to live and use Commview to see people's IP addresses. However, that is where I am stuck.

I have set up Zone Alarm accordingly, but when I join a game with my friend and set him as ''Trusted'' it never gives him host. These are my Zone Alarm settings:

I am unsure if my router has anything to do with it (It's a Speedtouch Ethernet router) because in the Zone Alarm list, my IP looks different to everyone else's.

Any help appreciated

B

bkzcallmedope

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
You need cain and abel, or switchsniffer to actually route your ip

Q

qowenp

Reaction score
Sin$
gamebeatter

gamebeatter

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
are you posining in cain all the time that could be your problem

K

Kyle1020

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
your friends ip is not the one with the 192....
you have to scroll right a little and you will see his real ip adress

gamebeatter

gamebeatter

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
or that could be it LOL the 190 number is your mac address

Q

qowenp

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay. I was talking to someone over IRC, who seemed to know what he was doing. He explained to me that if I had my 360 connected directly to my router, that I didn't need CA and ZA etc. He claimed that I could do it all through my router's settings - is this true?

Thanks

P.S. Yes, I was poisoning with CA throughout the process, but if I wasn't doing that then I would just be doing the same as I was before bkzcallmedope's post.

P.S.P.S. Kyle1020 where did you get the idea that I was using that IP address?

K

Kyle1020

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
how was i supposed to know if you weren't
i was trying to help you

Q

qowenp

Reaction score
Sin$
lol Sorry I must have misunderstood your post. Thanks for trying to help :smile:

Anyway, as I was saying above, do you think this can be done via the router settings alone? And also, is it a big problem if I left CA running when trying to bridge? Finally, do I need to be party host, or my friend I am giving host to?

Thanks

Q

qowenp

Reaction score
Sin$
Nope, sorry! If you could point me in the direction of a good guide that would be extremely helpful (specifically COD4)

I have to goto sleep now so I'll check this thread in the morning

Many thanks

Top Bottom
Login
Register