Help with Bridging Setup!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Bridging' started by tbR Fox, Jun 8, 2014 with 16 replies and 1,698 views.

1. tbR Fox

tbR Fox Newbie

Ratings:
    Can anyone help get a bridging set up? I used to be able to do it but since getting rid of it I cant get it to work again. Im currently using windows 7.

My GT: TBR FOX

2. sam NZL

sam NZL Im osama bin laden

Ratings:
    all you need is cain and abel, zone alarm

3. OP
    tbR Fox

tbR Fox Newbie

Ratings:
    I havent been able to get it to work. I remember when i first had it set up and working i had to download different version of wincap for it to work on windows 7. Im also not sure on the ip ranges and adress'?

4. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    It's been a while but I used to do this all the time.

Add "dahbull07" to your aim or email me at [email protected]

I'll hook you up.

5. OP
    tbR Fox

tbR Fox Newbie

Ratings:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    It looks like i can send packets but i cant recieve them? Im using windows 7. Previously i remember downloading a different wincap and it working but ive tried that and doesnt seem to work

6. OP
    tbR Fox

tbR Fox Newbie

Ratings:
  7. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Have you enabled internet connection sharing. Also referred to as ICS.

It's half routing because once you bridge your connections, you will have to enable the sharing.

This is required in bridging if you are using a labtop. Not sure if you are. If your connection is directly connected to your modem on a PC then let me know and I will look for the problem.

This tutorial is an oldy but goody and will help your every need. Made by Krafty. Enjoy.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...-wireless-bridging-using-command-prompt.5002/

8. OP
    tbR Fox

tbR Fox Newbie

Ratings:
    Thanks for the replies brad. How do I enable ICS? Im using my desktop which is directly connected to my modem via ethernet

9. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    This page tells you how.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4559279_enable-internet-connection-sharing.html

You may not have to since you have a desktop.

The problem isn't in ICS since you are running a desktop. This is mainly for labtops.

The se7ensins search bar will be valuable to you right now. First you need to find out the problem, and why it's half routing.

This time, you may have not done something right in cain and abel.

Make sure you have your xbox ip correct. Have your 2 ethernet cables. One connected to your computer and into your modem and another connected to your xbox into your modem.

Also make sure you have your xbox ip entered correctly. Which is 192.168.0.1

Update me and I will see what I can do.

10. OP
    tbR Fox

tbR Fox Newbie

Ratings:
    My xbox comes up as 10.0.0.8 not 192.168.0.1 though? Where does 192.168.0.1 come from? Ive gone over so many tutorials and try reseting everything so many times but it just does work. Is it possible its got something to do with my modem? (i have a technicolor tg587n v3). Can i completely open my modem to make sure it doesnt interfer or something? I have a pretty strong feeling it has something to do with winpcap. But ive tried removing that and installing the newest version but that doesnt do anything

11. OP
    tbR Fox

tbR Fox Newbie

Ratings:
    This is what i do step by step.
    1. Scan all mac address' [​IMG]
    2. Click plus sign. select router on left and xbox on right. Start poisoning and they just half route and i get no packets coming in. [​IMG]

12. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    192.168.0.1 is your main ip address for your network. In other words it's the same for everyone. Everyone has this ip for their xbox and computer for their network.

This will take some time to survey your entire setup. I am willing to help if you catch me on aim this weekend or you can send me a message on xbox live. My aim is dahbull07

My gamertag is in my sig. I'd be glad to assist you. It half routes sometimes because the firewall is blocking the ips. The only firewall you will need is zone alarm. If the ips are in trusted to let's say "team standby" if you wanted to, then they should not half route. If the others are half routing. I believe they will actually full route once the game is started and you are ready to go.

Make sure your connections are bridged and send me a message. I'll work on this with you.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  13. OP
    tbR Fox

tbR Fox Newbie

Ratings:
    I added you on xbox live my GT is TBR FOX. Ill add you on aim to. Where am i meant to enter my xbox and computer ip? We think we live in different time zones so ill be on xbox in 14 hours from this message for a fair while. If you could get on that would me awesome :smile: appreciate all the help

14. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    Glad I could help you on teamviewer tbR Fox.

At this point, if anything goes wrong before you are able to complete your testing, you will have my undivided attention until we can make sure you are ready to go.

If I helped, please feel free to stick around. Se7ens could use another person like you on the forums and you will be happy with the good atmosphere around here.

Update me on your progress. I will check back.

15. monkeynugget1

monkeynugget1 Newbie

Ratings:
  16. OP
    tbR Fox

tbR Fox Newbie

Ratings:
    sorry mate ive been really busy, Setup isnt working yet. The setup seems okay but all my ips are still half routing and i havent been able to bridge yet.

17. B-rad

B-rad Press On

Ratings:
    I will help both of you fix this.

TbR, it is working. You booted me out of the party twice. Maybe you need me to show you how to bridge host and how to use it correctly.

The problem isn't in the half routing, it may be in your actual technique.

Both of you catch me on aim (dahbull07).

Or send me a message on xbox live (Fates F0rtune)