Help with Bridging , haven't since Halo 2!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by TooLegit2BTrue, Jan 29, 2009 with 3 replies and 329 views.

1. TooLegit2BTrue

TooLegit2BTrue Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hi guys I have a few questions about bridging with Gears of War 2. Why do you have to have a full party in order to get host? Also, if I am going to bridge one of my friends host do we have to have a full party as well or can I just bridge him like I used to back in the Halo 2 days. Lastly but not least, is there a way to standby for host because I used to do that on Halo 2 with the stop sign on Zone Alarm and it worked all of the time. Can I do that in Gears of War 2 and if so what are the steps and do I have to yet again, have a full party in order to standby for host. Thanks A Lot and I appreciate everyone's help!

2. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Contributor

Ratings:
    Everything you just asked can be found here on the forums! :thumbup:

GOW2 is very different than halo, because in gears 2 you are not bridging a friend host, you are bridging yourself host. You have to have a full party so that when you search for another team, the people in your party don't lag out. If they are your friends, (aka a full party) you can get their IP's so their connections don't drop when finding opponents. And yes, you can standby for host. Just check one of the many tutorials titled: How to bridge host with a router/lagswitch.

Hope I helped! But on these forums when all else fails, just snoop around and read some posts because your question is bound to be answered! :biggrin:

3. OP
    TooLegit2BTrue

TooLegit2BTrue Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Yes, you did thank you very much. I know all about the lag switch and all that, but what I mean to ask is, is there a way to standby for host with Zone Alarm when you are set up to bridge?

4. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    That's all that you are doing when bridging, that's standbying for host....