Solved Help with a supposed "JTagged" Xbox 360

• Thread starter steveo129
  • Start date
  • Views 584
S

steveo129

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

So I wanted to get back into the modding scene, so I bought a "JTagged" Xbox 360 from my favorite auction site. In the description of the sale the Xbox is described as JTagged with xex-menu, and has the latest dashboard 13604. This all sounded fine and dandy since I am going to eventually buy a New Xbox 360 for legit play. When I received the Xbox I immediately opened her up to see what was going on inside. To my surprise I found more of what looked like a JewTag. Here are some pics. Can anyone tell me what I am looking at, and how I am supposed to get the games on the HDD. Plus It didnt come with any cables so im waiting for the video one to come. Thanks.

1smo28.jpg

24w6i5i.jpg

C

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
what you looking at there is the jtag wiring, you might want to redo those jtag wires though. the jtag wires with the resistors and not the diodes dont tend to be reliable from what i hear. also see if you can get to xell (boot xbox with eject button and let the drive stay open).

S

steveo129

Reaction score
yes when I booted with the dvd button I was able o get into xell. Now i do have a question for ya. What would happen if the Jtag Wiring was to malfunction. Would this not allow me to access the hdd? Thanks

C

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
if your jtag wires were to mess up your xbox would boot with the rrod with a e79 error (i believe its e79 but i could be wrong). how ever if your jtag wires do mess up you can just redo the wires. as for you hard drive you can access it with a computer or another xbox (im assuming its a retail hdd from M$ for the xbox console).

F

Faultyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes when I booted with the dvd button I was able o get into xell. Now i do have a question for ya. What would happen if the Jtag Wiring was to malfunction. Would this not allow me to access the hdd? Thanks

You can always access the HDD if you have a transfer cable. If you don't have one, then you would need some sort of file manager on your jtag which would allow you to view your hard drive. XexMenu is a file manager so you could use that.

S

steveo129

Reaction score
yes, I have the stock 20gig HDD from MS. But I plan on using an 80gig external to put games on ect.

also another question, I know I probably should do some more reading but, by my understanding you cannot use a jtagged xbox on XBL? I had an xbox with a flashed DVD drive that I used to play on XBL all the time... Maybe one of you can help me. Thanks

C

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score
no you can not have a jtag on xbox live. the jtag console will be banned from xbl if you do but if the jtag is banned it doesnt do any harm to your console.

S

steveo129

Reaction score
would I beable to watch netflix?

Top Bottom