Help with 79fl drive maybe bricked.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by NinjaBrian, Dec 13, 2008 with 5 replies and 2,213 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjaBrian

NinjaBrian Getting There

Ratings:
    I attempted to flash an Hitachi 79fl and tried to put the drive in mode B by using the 2 wire trick and it seems that I may have bricked the drive. The center light on the xbox 360 keeps flashing and the tray won't stay shut. I have shut the xbox down and even unplugged it but when i turn it back on same thing. Is there any way to fix this? or a way to get it at least working again?

2. NakedZombo

NakedZombo Member

Ratings:
    2 Wire trick? Just try the 79Unlock WAY EASIER. Youtube it.

3. crank dat curry

crank dat curry Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think its stuck in Mode B.

Press eject 3 times. It should work

4. OP
    NinjaBrian

NinjaBrian Getting There

Ratings:
    No it wasn't stuck in Mode B apparently I fried the dvd power cable and when I replaced it, it worked fine.

The two wire trick is a method to put it into Mode B. You have to put the drive into Mode B before applying the 79 unlock. Without Mode B windows does not detect the drive.

5. Headshots 1125

Headshots 1125 Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Its 100x easier to use SLAX...If it didnt work for you. Also if im right there is also a program that you run that can enable you to put your drive in mode b.

6. OP
    NinjaBrian

NinjaBrian Getting There

Ratings:
    I uised the Mode B program but Slax 2.1 didn't work for me this time because I switched my mobo on my computer and it doesn't support my chipset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.