What's new

Solved HELP Will REP Windows 7 boot from flashdrive

F

Fruity

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys my school has gave all the students laptops for are school work we have are books on them and we do research on them but...
There are all these god damn restrictions and filters on them as u could imagine i dont want the school tracking wtf im doing sooo.... i was wondering if i installed windows 7 to this 4gb flash drive i have & booted it from the flash whould all of the security s*** still be there ? & if after i booted and turned it off and took the flash out if everything whould be back to normal also if someone knows of a tutorial were to find how to do something like this THANKS GUYS WILL REP !!!!!

Operating System
  1. Windows
T

TeddeRz

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
many people would be grateful for this. there are some people at school who would love to have the opportunity to do research on them and not to abuse it unlike you

F

Fruity

Reaction score
Sin$
many people would be grateful for this. there are some people at school who would love to have the opportunity to do research on them and not to abuse it unlike you
uhmm yeah before you go down that route dude Its a fiv hundred dollar dell idk and my parents are paying four hundred dollars a year for it and we dont even keep it so i wanna use it

T

TeddeRz

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
uhmm yeah before you go down that route dude Its a fiv hundred dollar dell idk and my parents are paying four hundred dollars a year for it and we dont even keep it so i wanna use it

it is offered to help you with your school work and to get better grades. also you only have 2 posts and you want people on this website the help you about the education system. get out of here kid

Chloroform

Capt Numbnutz

Forum Addict Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$

HUH? a $500 computer their paying $400 to rent it? This doesn't seem right.

L

livin4noone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There's a few problems.

1 - Windows 7 can't be run from a flash drive (AFAIK, I couldn't find anyone who has done it successfully yet), windows XP can, and any linux distro can, but not windows 7

2 - In order to boot from USB you will (most likely) need to change the boot order from within the bios so that it does not just boot straight from the hard drive

3 - Unless your school's IT department is retarded, the bios will be locked down, preventing you from changing this setting

Now, you DO have some options.

1 - Proxy - www.proxy.org
2 - Ultrasurf (basically just a proxy with a GUI instead of a website)
3 - Take hard drive out of laptop, install into desktop, create a complete image of disk, back up this image onto YOUR hard drive (not the one from the laptop, the one that was already in your desktop), wipe the laptop drive, install windows 7, reinstall drive to laptop, use it however you want, wipe it and restore the image before you turn it in at the end of the year.
4 - Set up a VNC on your home computer and just tunnel all your traffic through that while at school (basically creating your own proxy)
5 - Suck it up and do your damn schoolwork, come home to the computer you own and do whatever you want with it.

Top Bottom
Login
Register