What's new

Solved Help upgrading Win 7 to Win 10

S

Shaboi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im on Windows 7, trying to get Windows 10 for Xbox live reasons, Ive downloaded the Windows creation tool and it starts up fine.

And when it gets done with that it trys to "clean up" and stops working

Then I tryed resetting computer to try again and same results, any ideas? I'll try em all lol
Or if your'e a trusted member of s7 and you know how to fix we could Team View.

Operating System
  1. Windows
P

Professional

Staff
Staff
Reaction score
Get a copy of the ISO, then mount it to a USB using RUFUS which will let you boot windows 10 installation off the USB and install it to your HDD.

S

Shaboi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
appreciate the quick response, I'll try this. Thanks man

C

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Im on Windows 7, trying to get Windows 10 for Xbox live reasons, Ive downloaded the Windows creation tool and it starts up fine.

And when it gets done with that it trys to "clean up" and stops working

Then I tryed resetting computer to try again and same results, any ideas? I'll try em all lol
Or if your'e a trusted member of s7 and you know how to fix we could Team View.
How much free space was on your hard drive at the time of you trying to use the Media Creation Tool? Have you made any changes to the way your Windows 7 interacts with Windows Update services, or Microsoft servers? Is your machine running the latest updates for Windows 7?

Quote or tag me, and I'll help you get updated. You also will not need to worry about activation. If your machine came with Windows 7 installed, you can use the product key attached to your machine or written to your BIOS to activated Windows 10.

P

PotatoPooper

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
An hope you did not pay because their always to get it free!:rolleyes:

S

Shaboi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much free space was on your hard drive at the time of you trying to use the Media Creation Tool? Have you made any changes to the way your Windows 7 interacts with Windows Update services, or Microsoft servers? Is your machine running the latest updates for Windows 7?

Quote or tag me, and I'll help you get updated. You also will not need to worry about activation. If your machine came with Windows 7 installed, you can use the product key attached to your machine or written to your BIOS to activated Windows 10.

670 GB free, I havent made any changes personally but, i do have automatic updates on and it is the latest version of Windows 7.
The computer did come with Win 7 so how do go about finding my product key and upgrading to 10. Thanks

Top Bottom