• Thread starter MrTwiggy101
  • Start date
  • Views 978
M

MrTwiggy101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, there! I just recently got a jtag. My goal is to get the KXAM.patch onto my JTAG so that I can sucessfully use Xlink Kai. But the problem is, I need dashlaunch and freeboot. The person I bought it from already put freeboot on it, but it doesn't have dashlaunch. I know how to install dashlaunch, but somewhere a person said that you need to put the right freeboot_patch into the freeboot image when you flash it with that, and the person that put freeboot on my console said he didn't do that, he just entered CPU key and picked original nand, but didn't *** in the freeboot_patch into the /bin/ of the image. So I obviously don't want to try and install dashlaunch and brick my new JTAG or something. So I decided that I'll just take the original nand, and make a new freeboot image with the correct stuff that I need (the freeboot_patch in /bin/) and then just re-install it like normal. But I'm a bit worried that something will go wrong trying to reflash/reinstall it when it's on there or something might go wrong. So the guy told me that I should install Xellous so that if something does happen and it bricks, then I can use Xellous to re-flash it or something and fix it.

Which brings me here. I just downloaded Xellous v1, I put the xell-2f on a USB stick and renamed it 'upslot0' and put it in the xbox and booted it up with the eject button. Then it said that it found the patch, and started updating, then it said that there is an unknown hack image. And just didn't do anything. So my question is, how can I get a known hack image or whatever.

xD I just really want to go on xlink kai. Thanks for any help,

-Twiggy

FaceManPie

FaceManPie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You shouldn't really worry about bricking it if you follow the tutorial to the point. Using Xellous would probably be more complicated than doing it the other way.

Use Flash360 and Freeboot image maker that comes with Dashlaunch, it's much easier. Then put the new flash on a usb and use Flash360 to flash it.

C

conker

Reaction score
Sin$
I got the same error unknown hack image and i need help to, can somebody help me plzzz i need xellous to fix my jtag , this is the 3th week trying to fix my jtag plzzz help plzzzz :frown:

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
ive never ever heard of this freeboot_patch. when i install dashlaunch i just download the right one for my kernal and run the installer.

Fire30

Fire30

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
you are following a very old tut. The new dashlaunch has the ping patch included here is the download.

http://digiex.net/attachments/downloads/download-center-2-0/xbox-360-content/homebrew-jtag-content/6486d1302344246-dash-launch-2-21-freeboot-9199-12611-12625-dash_launch_v2.21.zip

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
You guys bumped a really old thread, just saying. Since there are already a few replies, I'll just add to it.
@Conker get an updxell.bin file from deany, xbins, etc, and run it in XeLL. That will update you to XeLLous. If that doesn't work, than you need to send it to someone, like me, to re-flash your NAND.

Top Bottom
Login
Register