What's new

Unsolved HELP: Updating to higher CFW to play online?

D

Dattack

Reaction score
Hi!!

I've recently purchased a PS3 slim 2000 with CFW 4.55 (multiMAN I think) how exactly do I update it to a higher CFW?

Do I have to get back to downgrade back to 3.55 or can I just simply grab CFW 4.82 (rebug?) and put it on there?

What about playing online and all that? I heard and saw you needed to activate two special things before you could actually could log in and all that, This is correct right?

My main question is; "How do I update to a higher CFW when I'm already on a jailbreaked version." though.

Hope to get some answers soon :smile:

U

Unique Fuses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can just download to whatever CFW you want. I personally downloaded rebug 4.82 Rex so I can switch between dex and cex whenever I want.

2 things you have to do before going online:
Download and start psn patch (I just hold x when the app is loading.) This spoofs your idps and doesn’t allow you on any more homebrew so make sure you’ve got everything else you need done before activating this.

If you’re modding games like black ops 2, it’s a good idea to get an anti ban as well.

If you get those 2 things you should be safe online. However you will eventually get banned, this should just make you last longer :smile:

D

Dattack

Reaction score
You can just download to whatever CFW you want. I personally downloaded rebug 4.82 Rex so I can switch between dex and cex whenever I want.

2 things you have to do before going online:
Download and start psn patch (I just hold x when the app is loading.) This spoofs your idps and doesn’t allow you on any more homebrew so make sure you’ve got everything else you need done before activating this.

If you’re modding games like black ops 2, it’s a good idea to get an anti ban as well.

If you get those 2 things you should be safe online. However you will eventually get banned, this should just make you last longer :smile:

Yeah I managed to do this man. Looked into EBOOTs as well. Found an EBOOT builder so that should be fine. Upgraded my CFW to 4.82 REBUG as wel. I can switch between CEX and DEX. Keeping it CEX for now though as I'm just new into this. Just trying to get into modding zombies atm. But my zombies is crashing once I get in a game for 10 seconds. So figuring that out now. Thanks for the help btw.

U

Unique Fuses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem :smile:. If your zombies is crashing change the eboot. That should help.
Yeah I managed to do this man. Looked into EBOOTs as well. Found an EBOOT builder so that should be fine. Upgraded my CFW to 4.82 REBUG as wel. I can switch between CEX and DEX. Keeping it CEX for now though as I'm just new into this. Just trying to get into modding zombies atm. But my zombies is crashing once I get in a game for 10 seconds. So figuring that out now. Thanks for the help btw.

Top Bottom