What's new

Solved Help running my RGH Sharing network with PC and VPN

Ricky carrazco

Ricky carrazco

A unskilled non professional
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok i have been trying to figure this out a week so please any one help!!
My computer is an HP windows 10. I am trying to run my RGH though network sharing from my PC. I bought a vpn and am trying to figure out the network settings but am lost. First of all i cant figure out how to share my pc network so it will provide the internet through an Ethernet cable to my RGH. I have tried different settings but dont know what im doing apparently.
Then i bought a VPN and i want to run this specifically for gaming on my RGH. I installed it last night and every time i connect the the VPN it shuts my wifi off in the computer so i have no internet connection. Can someone please help me figure out what im doing wrong or just not doing?

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok i have been trying to figure this out a week so please any one help!!
My computer is an HP windows 10. I am trying to run my RGH though network sharing from my PC. I bought a vpn and am trying to figure out the network settings but am lost. First of all i cant figure out how to share my pc network so it will provide the internet through an Ethernet cable to my RGH. I have tried different settings but dont know what im doing apparently.
Then i bought a VPN and i want to run this specifically for gaming on my RGH. I installed it last night and every time i connect the the VPN it shuts my wifi off in the computer so i have no internet connection. Can someone please help me figure out what im doing wrong or just not doing?
You go to Network and Sharing > Change Adapter Settings.
Right click your Wireless Connection, and hit properties, then hit Sharing.

7a966e7d01c40d25eea6d74d268f0a2d.png

A

Alien101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Regular ethernet won't work it needs to be a crossover cable also anti virus needs to be disabled aswell also while you have rgh booted up go to test connection then test connection if it fails just unshare then re share and keep trying till it works.

Ricky carrazco

Ricky carrazco

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok So i shared the network and now my RGH will boot up fine (so there is an internet connection or it would just be frozen at the screen) but it will not sign into xbox live. Always some error message. I tried to test connection. last night it would stop right before xbox live. Come to find out today my KV was banned. But i dont remember what all i did to get it to that point. it has to be something in my IP settings right? I do not have my VPN enabled because when i do it shuts my internet off {the next problem i have to figure out after i have solved this one}

Ricky carrazco

Ricky carrazco

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so this is whats happening. Xbox says it can not obtain Ip. It runs fine off the router so how do i make it recognize my ip when sharing from my pc

Top Bottom
Login
Register