What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Solved Help Recovering a Corrupted Profile on Xbox 360

• Thread starter EduardoS_94
  • Start date
  • Views 1,054
E

EduardoS_94

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I'm looking for help not to lose all my data: I have a couple of phat Xbox 360s, one of them got the RRoD a few days ago and I decided to move the drive over to the other one. The other Xbox recognizes some of the profiles but it doesn't recognize my main profile. The console specs are the following:

120GB Elite Falcon V2 (Mfd 9/2008) - Got the RRoD, the console was modded to read backups since 2009, I last got it modded on 2012 with L.T. 3.0.
250GB CoD MW2 Jasper/Kronos (Mfd 9/2009) - I bought this one used last year, it is unopened and was never modded, it is currently working.

I always played offline, since I got it modded the console wasn't connected to the internet. I updated both consoles to the same version that was on the one with RRoD (2.0.17349.0) but it still doesn't recognize the main profile. The newest games that I bought for my 360 were on late 2015, I think one of these games performed a small update but it's been so long that I cannot remember correctly.

I have downloaded Horizon and Con Flag Remover. I tried saving and rehashing with Horizon and still marks the profile as corrupted, with Con Flag the profile shows a exclamation mark icon.

I would like to know if anyone had luck recovering a profile, since the 360 that could read the profile got the RRoD I can't get access to my games and DLCs although they are still on the drive which are over 100GB.

P.S: I swapped the 120GB drive on the working Xbox hoping that I can use both hard drives.

Last edited:
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The best way I would say you can do this is by using a program called FatXPlorer. Download a beta version so you get a free trial and connect your HDD to your laptop or desktop and click the drive and mount the content partition. Once you have done that copy what is inside the content folder on the content partition to your desktop and you can drag the files into Horizon and see what is what till you find the account in question. Then just use the import data button on Horizon with the new HDD to resign and do the manual work for you, getting the account on the new drive.

E

EduardoS_94

Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you very much! I'll try that as a last resort in case I move the content over to the other HDD.

I'm trying to make the working Xbox recognize that specific profile on the 120GB HDD, so I don't have to move the content over to the other drive. I'm curious in trying other Horizon options such as modding the Profile, Console and Device ID, or merging the profile into another one since the content is still there on the drive, and there are four profiles, from which the console recognizes two (the other two are marked as corrupt). Have someone tried this before?
Post automatically merged:

I did it!

For repairing my profile I did the following: I took the saved profile out of my Xbox, then, I extracted it with Horizon and then I repaired it through Con Flag Remover, I saw a tutorial where you use an app named Xbox Hash Block Calculator, however, this app does not work. To bypass this, I opened the file that Con Flag Remover modded with Horizon, which did the rehash. However, right now it doesn't recognize me as the owner of the saved data and it freezes when loading saved games.

However, it does recgonize the avatar and the achievements.

Last edited:
HYX

HYX

Administrator
Administrator
Lifetime
Hidden Devils
Scaling the Mountain Programmer Odysseus' Summit
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you very much! I'll try that as a last resort in case I move the content over to the other HDD.

I'm trying to make the working Xbox recognize that specific profile on the 120GB HDD, so I don't have to move the content over to the other drive. I'm curious in trying other Horizon options such as modding the Profile, Console and Device ID, or merging the profile into another one since the content is still there on the drive, and there are four profiles, from which the console recognizes two (the other two are marked as corrupt). Have someone tried this before?
Post automatically merged:

I did it!

For repairing my profile I did the following: I took the saved profile out of my Xbox, then, I extracted it with Horizon and then I repaired it through Con Flag Remover, I saw a tutorial where you use an app named Xbox Hash Block Calculator, however, this app does not work. To bypass this, I opened the file that Con Flag Remover modded with Horizon, which did the rehash. However, right now it doesn't recognize me as the owner of the saved data and it freezes when loading saved games.

However, it does recgonize the avatar and the achievements.
You can always take the save data and go one by one resigning each with the account that you were able to recover. That should work but will take a while depending on what have to resign.

E

EduardoS_94

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello! I'm posting this as an update of this case: It turns out that the method that I described above partially worked, I gained access some of my saved games using this method:

I repaired the profile using Con Flag Remover, then I opened the repaired profile with Horizon which automatically rehashed and saved it to the usb stick.

There are some saved games that won't work, but I'm still figuring out which ones.

As for as the updates and DLCs they all still there but don't work, e.g.: I have Skyrim Legendary Edition DLCs installed on the drive but my dvd is a launch version, so every time I try to load the DLCs the game freezes. I'm currently looking on how to install the updates for the game version on my console which is not Jtagged or chipped.

I downloaded the latest version available from XboxUnity (I looked up my game version using a save file) but I cannot make my Xbox recognize the update via usb stick. If I find the solution I will post an update in case someone is interested.

UPDATE 7/24/23: I downloaded the correct title update file from XboxUnity, opened the file with Horizon and injected to my usb stick, then I moved the Title Update file from the usb stick to my Skyrim folder on the Xbox's hard drive and the game worked.

Last edited:
K

kigix

Reaction score
Sin$
Good information! In addition, setting black screen will help your eyes be more relaxed and less stressed. Some options for you in Custom Screen, Gradient Makernew,...

Top Bottom
Login
Register