Help please...

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by HLG Executioner, Jan 3, 2009 with 5 replies and 487 views.

1. HLG Executioner

HLG Executioner Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey, is it possible to swap projectiles without a dev kit? I tryed to swap them in the hex editor and johnson, but it can never find the tag.:.(

2. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    .... this question alone stumped me, not the question itself, but trying to figure out what you are thinking
    wherever you learned about what a dev kit is should tell you that you cannot map mod without one, so to think, "even though everywhere it mentions a dev kit it says map modding is impossible without one, so i should ask this question so many people can clarify the answer, maybe someone will say yes you can because I am lacking the understanding of it, and then magically it will work." or something to that extent, i do not know
    but again, you cannot map mod without a dev kit, although it is said that in certain conditions you can swap a projectile for an object so right off the bat it fires.

3. OP
    HLG Executioner

HLG Executioner Newbie

Ratings:
    No I'm asking if I can mod a forge map's projectiles.

4. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Do you mean like just spawn projectiles, or do you mean shooting like rockets from a pistol or something?

You cant shoot difernt projectiles, you can spawn them though, they are under Proj

5. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    You can't mod a Forge map's projectile because usermaps don't determine your weapon's projectile. Why would they?...

What projectiles you shoot from your gun are determined by the Halo 3 map files, which you cannot edit and successfully play them.

6. Letol

Letol Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Sorry for getting off topic, but Shepherd, I think this is the first post that I've seen where you didn't reveal the wonders of the search button to the guy who asked the question.