Help needed with Hitachi 46 and Jungle Flasher

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Dave1, Jun 25, 2009 with 5 replies and 1,870 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave1

Dave1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So basically I just got this PCMCIA Card in the mail today, after reading over the manuals and stuff many times [​IMG]

My problem is that JF will not detect the drive. It will show up with the drive's properties on the top left of the hitachi tab. (This is after I realized I need to have Port I/O installed.)

I have the drivers installed for the PCMCIA card that came with it on a mini-cd.

What I do is turn on the 360, and then open up JF. It shows up in the top left of the Hitachi tab, so I click Mode B. It then displays the message about me opening/closing after 15 seconds etc.

When I do that, it still says "No Hitachi Drive Was Found!" after scanning for hardware updates. I am able to open/close the drive with the buttons in the JF program after it is "successfully sent to Mode B," though where before sending to Mode B this will not work at all.

It just seems like it won't see that the drive has been sent to Mode B. When I click refresh in the top right it still won't show up. I can't do anything because JF doesn't realize it is in Mode B, I think.

I can only use the Win API mode in the Hitachi tab, the Port IO one is grayed out, if that is any help.

I can't figure out whether this is a real issue or I am just freaking retarded.

Any help would be AMAZING. Thanks!

2. arape

arape Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i don't think your in any real trouble. check what version of jungle flasher you are using .62 is the latest. full hitachi support is something that is being improved after each release

Just curious : if you manually open the the drive (not in jf) will it open in one eject press or two, two presses would mean it is in mode b

or if you don't want to use jungle flasher at all that is also an option and sometimes easier, although it may not grant you the latest firmware. find the tutorial by textbook

3. OP
    Dave1

Dave1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    hehe, I have put away the box for today. More to be done tomarrow, I'll have to check on the one/two presses thing :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of using Dosflash32, has anyone used this to good results?

4. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    With mode B, try setting it with the Slax disc.

5. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Getting There

Ratings:
    Yeah I had similar troubles. What you need to do is get it in mode B BEFORE you open jungle flasher. Use the slax 2.1 CD method. (If you don't know what I mean by that, give it a quick google search). Once you're in mode b you'll be ready to just read, write, and flash. So yeah, slax is the most reliable way IMO, so do that and then just skip the part in the tutorial you're following about mode B. Continue at the spot after the mode B part and bada bing you're all set to go

6. OP
    Dave1

Dave1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    :smile: Sounds good. I think that's what it was. When I tried setting it up again it would open in one push. I'll see what using slax first does for me.

Thanks for the help!