Help! Need help jailbreaking!

Discussion in 'Apple iOS' started by Tucker2121, Feb 4, 2010 with 12 replies and 373 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker2121

Tucker2121 Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok I attempted last night to jailbreak my iPhone 3g, but it would be stuck at the recovery screen, the one with the cord and iTunes. And blackra1n said wait to wait to reboot, but after 30minutes it didn't start back up so I stopped and restored my iPhone. Ok what did I do wrong. My iPhone/iTunes are updated to the newest version. 3.1.3? Idk. Do I need to use a different program? Or be more patient or what? Thanks.

Version: 3.1.3(7E18)
    Modem Firmware: 05.12.01

.. Idk if that helps

2. Katanizer

Katanizer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if you have your iphone updated to 3.1.3 then you can't jailbreak it yet. There's no jailbreak for it now so you just have to wait until one comes out.

3. Johnnee

Johnnee Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if you have updated to 3.1.3 you can't jailbreak.

try using redsn0w or sn0wbreeze,:biggrin:
    i found that blackra1n didnt work for me either

4. OP
    Tucker2121

Tucker2121 Newbie

Ratings:
    So if I downgrade to 3.1.2 I can jailbreak no problem.

5. Zarile3

Zarile3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Question is, can you downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2?

6. OP
    Tucker2121

Tucker2121 Newbie

Ratings:
    How long do you guys think until I can jailbreak 3.1.3? Also I had some apps i had paid for and downloaded through the iphone. And When I restored it they went away, how do i get them back without re-paying.

7. ProjectDefy

ProjectDefy Elite

Ratings:
    All you have to do is Re-Sync in iTunes. Though if you haven't Sync'ed your iPhone recently after buying those applications, it might not re-sync your applications that you bought.

8. smkeylu3

smkeylu3 Newbie

Ratings:
    dont update your itunes download redsnow and it jailbreaks ur iphone automaticly i done it to mine

9. OP
    Tucker2121

Tucker2121 Newbie

Ratings:
    I already have upgraded to 3.1.3

10. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang

Ratings:
    Yes iphone 3g can downgrade.

Yes you can jailbreak 3.1.3 on a 3g.

Use Redsn0w

only tethered idevices arnt jailbreakable on 3.1.3

11. Zarile3

Zarile3 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    As posted on iClarified.com

"The iPhone Dev-Team has announced that the iPhone 2G, 3G, and iPod touch 1G can be jailbroken on OS 3.1.3 already.

Thanks to daring experimenters in the comments, we can confirm that yesterday’s redsn0w works for today’s 3.1.3 update for iPhone 2G. Just point it at the 3.1.2 iPhone 2G IPSW after doing update or restore to 3.1.3.
    Can confirm that this method works for iPhone 3G and iPod touch 1G too. Don’t do it for iPhone 3G if you need an unlock though (really, don’t!). For older iPod touch 2G, we’ll need a small (1-character) change in redsn0w source.

WARNING: Don’t go near this if you have 3GS, newer ipt2G, or any ipt3G

So basically the update is safe for those with an iPhone 2G and iPod touch 1G. Those with an iPhone 3G (who don't care about unlock) can update as well."

Read the bold and underlined section.

Really, moral of the story is DON'T EVER update to the newest firmware if you plan on jailbreaking, unless it's already been cracked and jailbroken by the community.

Like Geohot said, "I hear rumors going around that the 3.1.3 jailbreak is hard. It isn’t. But the only people it helps are those dumb enough to upgrade. Sorry."

Apparently no one is looking to crack 3.1.3 if it wasn't already working, since we will probably be seeing 3.2 in March or sometime around then.

12. OP
    Tucker2121

Tucker2121 Newbie

Ratings:
    I have redsnow but not the file for 3.1.2. Can I get a link?

13. Zarile3

Zarile3 Enthusiast

Ratings: