What's new

Question Help Modding Borderlands 3

S

SlinkHailX

Reaction score
Sin$
okay I'm trying to mod Borderlands I have this weapon but I liked it so much I want to just make it a higher level I've been looking at videos and stuff I download a cheat engine I'm Borderlands 2 I have did some things where they you change some stuff to attachments and I had like a website all the weapons and list parts pictures of each weapon that had those parts on it the strip that I got for that weapon I'm trying to up its level on it's not wanting to work I needed to be a low of 32 and it's a little 19 so I need some help borderlands 3 update level for gun Tooltip Pointer (save & load after updating level)

Last edited:
Q

q1w2e3r4

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi! I do stuff like that using Gib bed for BL2 (TPS is a separate version of Gib bed) which you can get here:

https:// git hub. com/gib bed/Gib bed.Borderlands2/releases

(sorry for the weird spaces here and elsewhere, this message wouldn't upload because the system thinks it's spam and I'm making wild guesses as to why)

You can do a LOT with Gib bed, but, I'll stick to upgrading your weapon. Apologies if this description seems like I think you're stupid, that is DEFINITELY not the case, I just want to be thorough. :smile:

1. After you've installed Gib bed, start Borderlands 2, load a DIFFERENT character than the one you want to mod, and start the game. After you see the Vault Symbol save icon, you can go on to step 2.(I pause the game just so my loaded character isn't potentially sitting there waiting to get killed by any passing enemy, but that's not essential to using Gib bed).

2. Run Gib bed and Open the character you want to mod. The file path for me (Windows) is:

Documents > My Games > Borderlands 2 > WillowGame > SaveData > /folder named with a string of numbers/

Since the save files are just numbers with no indication of who/what the character is, it might pay you to first load the character you want to mod, save exit, load different character. That way if you sort the save files by Date Modified, the save file you want will be the second most recent save (the most recent being the character you loaded so you could mod a different one).

3. Go to the Backpack tab (or Bank if you have the weapon stashed there). Click on it in the left-hand column and its stats and components will show up on the right. Click the Manufacturer Grade (level) button up/down (I know you know this) and click Save. There's also a Save As button, if you use that make sure you click on the same file you opened (second most recent) or you could overwrite a different save slot/character. Even if you click the correct file using Save As, it will ask if you're sure you want to overwrite it. You do.

4. Exit to the main menu and load your character with your newly-leveled-up gun!

And that's it! :smile: As I said, you can do a lot with Gib bed. I don't know everything, but I've been using it for years. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Upvote 0
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi! I do stuff like that using Gib bed for BL2 (TPS is a separate version of Gib bed) which you can get here:

https:// git hub. com/gib bed/Gib bed.Borderlands2/releases

(sorry for the weird spaces here and elsewhere, this message wouldn't upload because the system thinks it's spam and I'm making wild guesses as to why)

You can do a LOT with Gib bed, but, I'll stick to upgrading your weapon. Apologies if this description seems like I think you're stupid, that is DEFINITELY not the case, I just want to be thorough. :smile:

1. After you've installed Gib bed, start Borderlands 2, load a DIFFERENT character than the one you want to mod, and start the game. After you see the Vault Symbol save icon, you can go on to step 2.(I pause the game just so my loaded character isn't potentially sitting there waiting to get killed by any passing enemy, but that's not essential to using Gib bed).

2. Run Gib bed and Open the character you want to mod. The file path for me (Windows) is:

Documents > My Games > Borderlands 2 > WillowGame > SaveData > /folder named with a string of numbers/

Since the save files are just numbers with no indication of who/what the character is, it might pay you to first load the character you want to mod, save exit, load different character. That way if you sort the save files by Date Modified, the save file you want will be the second most recent save (the most recent being the character you loaded so you could mod a different one).

3. Go to the Backpack tab (or Bank if you have the weapon stashed there). Click on it in the left-hand column and its stats and components will show up on the right. Click the Manufacturer Grade (level) button up/down (I know you know this) and click Save. There's also a Save As button, if you use that make sure you click on the same file you opened (second most recent) or you could overwrite a different save slot/character. Even if you click the correct file using Save As, it will ask if you're sure you want to overwrite it. You do.

4. Exit to the main menu and load your character with your newly-leveled-up gun!

And that's it! :smile: As I said, you can do a lot with Gib bed. I don't know everything, but I've been using it for years. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.
He was asking about BL3, which Gibbed is not currently available for. There are many walkthroughs for Gibbed here already (many made by me).

okay I'm trying to mod Borderlands I have this weapon but I liked it so much I want to just make it a higher level I've been looking at videos and stuff I download a cheat engine I'm Borderlands 2 I have did some things where they you change some stuff to attachments and I had like a website all the weapons and list parts pictures of each weapon that had those parts on it the strip that I got for that weapon I'm trying to up its level on it's not wanting to work I needed to be a low of 32 and it's a little 19 so I need some help borderlands 3 update level for gun Tooltip Pointer (save & load after updating level)
Try this: http://www.bl3editor.com/#/

Upvote 0
Q

q1w2e3r4

Reaction score
Sin$
He was asking about BL3, which Gibbed is not currently available for. There are many walkthroughs for Gibbed here already (many made by me).

Try this: http://www.bl3editor.com/#/
Sorry! I know it was in the BL3 thread, but they only mentioned BL2. I had difficulty finding BL1/2 modding support WAY back when I started and didn't want to leave them hanging. :smile:

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register