What's new

Solved Help me with xbox 360 new to this

A

abubin

Reaction score
I have just inherited an xbox 360 and it comes with a box of "downloaded" games DVD.

After doing some reading, seems like the xbox 360 has a flashed DVD drive. Am I correct? That is why it can play "downloaded" games.

Problem is, I just downloaded another game and try playing it. It ask me to update the firmware or I will not be able to play the game. Can I update the firmware and will it cause the flashed DVD firmware to spook?

I also read about jtag and xk3y method but decided not to go ahead with it as it is really expensive to do it in my area.

Please advice.

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
I have just inherited an xbox 360 and it comes with a box of "downloaded" games DVD.

After doing some reading, seems like the xbox 360 has a flashed DVD drive. Am I correct? That is why it can play "downloaded" games.

Problem is, I just downloaded another game and try playing it. It ask me to update the firmware or I will not be able to play the game. Can I update the firmware and will it cause the flashed DVD firmware to spook?

I also read about jtag and xk3y method but decided not to go ahead with it as it is really expensive to do it in my area.

Please advice.
They are never more expensive in a certain area. You are just trying to buy locally which is a dumb idea. But if you don’t care stick to flashed. You can update it’s been safe for years now with a flashed drive.

A

abubin

Reaction score
They are never more expensive in a certain area. You are just trying to buy locally which is a dumb idea. But if you don’t care stick to flashed. You can update it’s been safe for years now with a flashed drive.
Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it. When I say my "area", I mean my country which is not US or EU.

So anyway, the game that I want to play is FIFA 18. So I just agree with the update and the firmware will be updated (from the DVD), right? The xbox unit is not online because I have not got it hooked to the internet yet.

F

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Appreciate it. When I say my "area", I mean my country which is not US or EU.

So anyway, the game that I want to play is FIFA 18. So I just agree with the update and the firmware will be updated (from the DVD), right? The xbox unit is not online because I have not got it hooked to the internet yet.
oh yeah if it’s not online your good the update is straighy from the disk anyways update away.

A

abubin

Reaction score
I am sorry for asking but I want to make sure I am doing it right.
So I just select "update firmware" when I run the FIFA18 disc? The update will not cause backup games to not able to run anymore? And I don't need to reflash with jungleflasher (I am assuming that is what the unit I have been flashed with)?

Also, a few other games that I burned (less than 8GB) does not want to start. When I put it into the xbox, it just refuse to start. I read a lot of people having this problem but no solutions. Some said, it work again when they reflash the firmware with jungleflasher.

Top Bottom