help me plz! Flashed Xbox wont play my backups.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by dustin343, Dec 26, 2008 with 3 replies and 1,219 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustin343

dustin343 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok I just flashed my xbox. I ripped my Fable 2 using hotswap method. This was on my other computer that has a IDE controller that i could use and i used another drive to rip it. Then i tranfered it to my laptop with a dvd+r dl drive. TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-T632A GA00. I tried googling it nothing useful came up. So tried burning the image with IMGBURN and DVDdecrypter. But my drive doesn't support bitsetting aka Booktype. So i just burn it as DVD+R and used a dvd file with layer break 1913760 in imgBurn and set it manually in DVD decrypter. With imgburn it just couldnt finalise the disc it wouldn't go past 0%. DVD decrypter didnt have any problems burning it. It finalised and had no errors but my xbox wouldn't play it. BTW i have IXtreme 1.4 with a Hitachi v59 drive in my 360. Now this is the really wierd part the disc wont show up in my pc after burning it and i tried it in other pcs to. Just pretends like it is reading it. can never explore it. I am using Fujifilm DVD+R DL. I have read reviews they seem like pretty decent DVDs but they just don't seem to work. Could they just be coasters.
    Can anyone shed some light on this. I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh yeah and i had another question. Do you need to use booktype dvd-rom for IXtreme v1.4?

2. xVv 5H4D0W vVx

xVv 5H4D0W vVx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    im not completely sure but my friend told me 2 weeks ago....that the fall update (dash update) did something and now he cant play his copied games (and yes his console is flashed)

3. Glitch100

Glitch100 Getting There

Ratings:
    Absolutely Fuming...

...Wasted Xbox Much:?

Even with the NXE, im sure tho; that some flashed xboxes, if not most of them; still work. Look around more?

4. dewrules463

dewrules463 Newbie

Ratings:
    i have a toshiba samsung, lite-on, and benq. all my drives read backups. just pm me n i might b able to help. i use memorex dvd dl and verbatim dvd dl. also make sure you burn at 2.4x. i used imgburn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.