Question Help me identify what tools I would need to rgh

• Thread starter lunathesylvia
  • Start date
  • Views 617
lunathesylvia

lunathesylvia

Reaction score
Sin$
I have identified that this is a corona v2 with a 4gb nand, but I am having a difficult time trying to identify what I need. Instead of the nand being installed onto the board, there is a little board that I can unplug which is the nand itself. Could someone help me find what I would need for this?

Heres an image of the board:

Edit: It turns out that the system is a trinity, and that 4gb is just an extension added.

Last edited:
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have identified that this is a corona v2 with a 4gb nand, but I am having a difficult time trying to identify what I need. Instead of the nand being installed onto the board, there is a little board that I can unplug which is the nand itself. Could someone help me find what I would need for this?

Heres an image of the board:

Try reading this tuturial.It will explain everything you need to check and the hardware and software you'll require.
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...orial-start-to-finish-slim-only-16mb.1595235/

lunathesylvia

lunathesylvia

Reaction score
Sin$
I read through that guide, but identifying which console version it is, has been a bit difficult. It's either a corona v1 or V2 as that removable storage can be unplugged and the system can boot fine without it.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I read through that guide, but identifying which console version it is, has been a bit difficult. It's either a corona v1 or V2 as that removable storage can be unplugged and the system can boot fine without it.
Check underneath the Corona board to see if it has the "Postout" points.If it has then your board is a version 1 board.If the "Postout" points arn't there,then your board is either a version 3 or a version 5 and you will need to buy the Corona Postout adaptor board (very cheap to buy from Ebay)

lunathesylvia

lunathesylvia

Reaction score
Sin$
Check underneath the Corona board to see if it has the "Postout" points.If it has then your board is a version 1 board.If the "Postout" points arn't there,then your board is either a version 3 or a version 5 and you will need to buy the Corona Postout adaptor board (very cheap to buy from Ebay)

I'm so sorry about this, turns out this system is a trinity instead of a corona. I looked it up and it matches what a trinity system should have. I ended up ordering a J-runner off eBay and an x360ace V3, they say they are meant for Corona systems but can't they just be reprogrammed?

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm so sorry about this, turns out this system is a trinity instead of a corona. I looked it up and it matches what a trinity system should have. I ended up ordering a J-runner off eBay and an x360ace V3, they say they are meant for Corona systems but can't they just be reprogrammed?
Yes,the Ace v3 can be programed with timing files.Just google for RGH timing files,then the same for the J-Runner software.If your running Windows 7 or 8 or 10,make sure you disable driver signature when installing the drivers for the JR-Programmer (the drivers are included inside the J-Runner software/Drivers folder.You program each Trinity timing file using the J-Runner software and the supplied programing cable that's included with your JR-Programmer kit.Just program one timing file,then test to see if the console boots.Go through the files testing each file one at a time,testing them one at a time,till your console boots in around 8-10 seconds.
Make sure your soldering skills are good when soldering the Ace v3 wires from the points on the chip to the points on the Trinity board.

lunathesylvia

lunathesylvia

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes,the Ace v3 can be programed with timing files.Just google for RGH timing files,then the same for the J-Runner software.If your running Windows 7 or 8 or 10,make sure you disable driver signature when installing the drivers for the JR-Programmer (the drivers are included inside the J-Runner software/Drivers folder.You program each Trinity timing file using the J-Runner software and the supplied programing cable that's included with your JR-Programmer kit.Just program one timing file,then test to see if the console boots.Go through the files testing each file one at a time,testing them one at a time,till your console boots in around 8-10 seconds.
Make sure your soldering skills are good when soldering the Ace v3 wires from the points on the chip to the points on the Trinity board.

Yeah I got all that, while looking online for tutorials I found some timing files that work for 17555 and it does give some recommendations on which files to use, just need to wait for them to arrive. When I first looked at the console I was a little confused when I opened it to see that the 4gb was just on a board, I'm guessing that's how they did it before they switched to the Corona? It shouldn't affect anything right?

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I got all that, while looking online for tutorials I found some timing files that work for 17555 and it does give some recommendations on which files to use, just need to wait for them to arrive. When I first looked at the console I was a little confused when I opened it to see that the 4gb was just on a board, I'm guessing that's how they did it before they switched to the Corona? It shouldn't affect anything right?
No,it wont affect the Trinity board at all.Ace v3 chips work brilliant on them (it's what i use myself on Trinity RGH'ing) my own Trinity boots in around-6-7 seconds from cold start.
Then i have an RGH'd fat Xenon (non HDMI)360 RGH'd with an Ace v3 chip installed,that boots in around 15-20 seconds.
My other 2x Xenons are "Jtagged" and are instant boot,as soon as you press the front button.
But i've done fat Falcon and Jasper 360's with the Ace v3 but the best chips really for these are either the Matrix chip or the Cloned Team Xecuter Rev C and Rev D chips.

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I discovered that it was a trinity when looking more closely at what chips were present on the board.

so for trinity .. u need : read/write nand ( Nand-x or JRP ) .... glitch chip : ACEv3 , matrix glitcher , X360run .... and a good tutorial

check TWM tutorials , they are so good and he explain everything ...

https://weekendmodder.com/RGH-Trinity.html

laz_no

laz_no

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yee I ordered a real acev3 and a JRP, just waiting for the programmer to come in.

if u have a dead board or any electronic board u don't need , start practicing soldring on it .. try to solder wires , unsolder , bring some pins and try to unbrigde them ... this will help and make ur hand more confortable at soldring ...

Top Bottom
Login
Register