What's new

Discussion help make a dream come true

A

alshurag

Enthusiast
Messages
96
Reaction score
2
i was wondering if it was AT ALL POSSIBLE to build my own console using pc components
via a fast video card, quad processor 2 gig ram etc
with a few changes maybe 2 xbox 360 contoller ports. get some kind of driver that will read the hardware. i could then play pc games with a xbox console controller.
then i would need some kind of dev kit to make my own games.
o ya the operating system would of course be windows based but more restricted for the console.
and another thing i would need to do a serious case mod i would need to find a small one
kind of like the lia lang for the the 360
 
trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Messages
5,693
Reaction score
1,478
You can use 360 controllers on Windows... Also, it makes no sense to do what you are asking.

And even then no it's not possible, they make 100% sure things like the Xbox 360 can only be played ON the 360.
 
A

alshurag

Enthusiast
Messages
96
Reaction score
2
Madman340 said:
You can use 360 controllers on Windows... Also, it makes no sense to do what you are asking.

And even then no it's not possible, they make 100% sure things like the Xbox 360 can only be played ON the 360.

thanks
but i dont want to play xbox games on pc i want to play pc games with an xbox wired contoller. using a MODDED CPU CASE .the internal would be like a quad processor ,1 tb harddrive , 2 gig ram dvd blue ray player and a sic sound card and video card (ill make sure it has hd tv out)
include 2 2.0 usb port, wireless internet card
and like i said before make 2 ports for xbox controllers
vola my own pc console system
now to take it a step further i want to make some kind of dev kit
using windows framework and c plus (need more research on this part)
start dev my own games based on my pc specs. l
 
trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Messages
5,693
Reaction score
1,478
A modded 'CPU case'...?

I think you need to do a little bit of research and then come back.

Are you just talking about buying your components seperately and building it yourself? Because what you are saying is not really 'right' because you aren't making much sense.
 
GAMER 4 L1F3

GAMER 4 L1F3

Getting There
Messages
1,038
Reaction score
58
To be honest, if you want to have a comp built, with what you have shown about how much you know. I don't know that it would be good for you to try that. Just do some research and see whats involved in building your own computer. Once your sure you can handle putting it together let us know, there are several of us that would be happy to do the shopping and pick out the parts. Also it works best if you give us a price range that we can work with.

Lastly for the Xbox controllers you can use a wired controller right in to your USB and Vista and 7 will automatically install the driver (I don't know about XP, I think you have to download the driver from MS.com) or if you already have a few wireless controllers you can purchase this. They normally go for about $20 at any local game store.
 
A

alshurag

Enthusiast
Messages
96
Reaction score
2
GAMER 4 L1F3 said:
To be honest, if you want to have a comp built, with what you have shown about how much you know. I don't know that it would be good for you to try that. Just do some research and see whats involved in building your own computer. Once your sure you can handle putting it together let us know, there are several of us that would be happy to do the shopping and pick out the parts. Also it works best if you give us a price range that we can work with.

Lastly for the Xbox controllers you can use a wired controller right in to your USB and Vista and 7 will automatically install the driver (I don't know about XP, I think you have to download the driver from MS.com) or if you already have a few wireless controllers you can purchase this. They normally go for about $20 at any local game store.

thank you very much
my budget is 1200 dollars (1500 max)
trying to get a fast computer that can handle mulitple applications (i want to get back into game development so i need my cpu to be able to handle this
also i want it to be a powerful gaming pc (with the xbox controllers)
i also need alot of storage (store my backupgames)
and if course i need it to be able to mod xbox drives i already have the sata card
but will buy a new one.
and of course dual monitor capability
 
A

alshurag

Enthusiast
Messages
96
Reaction score
2
thank you very much

i wish you could put it together for me 2 :thumbup:
 
trtl

trtl

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Messages
5,693
Reaction score
1,478
There are tons of things wrong with that build dude... :confused:cared:

First things first, you are trying to use a 775 CPU in a 1366 socket. Ain't gonna happen.
You're also using 3 sticks of RAM (triple channel) which would help... if you had an i7.
 
Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer

VIP
VIP
Retired
Messages
3,712
Reaction score
947
And to expand to that a SSC edition video card is not going to benefit enough for the increase in price. Also that are better alternatives for a better price from ATI right now. And the HDD you linked is deactivated aloready. But the Green series are very slow drives. He would be way better off with a Black edition AALS drive.
 
GAMER 4 L1F3

GAMER 4 L1F3

Getting There
Messages
1,038
Reaction score
58
Psycho Homer said:
And to expand to that a SSC edition video card is not going to benefit enough for the increase in price. Also that are better alternatives for a better price from ATI right now. And the HDD you linked is deactivated aloready. But the Green series are very slow drives. He would be way better off with a Black edition AALS drive.

Personally I like the Nvidia, but thanks. Also the HDD, I have green drives and I have absolutely no problem with them, they seem just as fast as the normals. Lastly I have no idea where my mind was when I did this, but obviously I wasn't thinking, but I will redo this in a little bit. Thanks guys for catching that I wasn't thinking.
 
GAMER 4 L1F3

GAMER 4 L1F3

Getting There
Messages
1,038
Reaction score
58
A

alshurag

Enthusiast
Messages
96
Reaction score
2
im going to start ordering the parts now ive done some research of my own
 
Top Bottom