Solved help keeping my RGH cool

• Thread starter kaitlin459989
  • Start date
  • Views 292
K

kaitlin459989

Reaction score
Sin$
RGH'd WHITE 360 slim with a 250 gig HDD. it has aurora dash as its main dash, and freestyle as the second dash. i use freestyle mainly for installing games.

#1 what options do i have in terms of keeping my 360 slim cool im not sure i feel comfy taking it apart to replace the thermal paste nor do i feel comfy modding the console

#3 lastly how difficult is it to replace/upgrade the internal cooling fan to something better?

thanks for your time im kinda new to RGH'd 360's

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
if you want to go for extreme, you may delid the cpu and replace thermal stuff with liquid metal (just don't) :biggrin:D

Don't change anything, just clean the xbox, replace thermal paste into something better and you are good.

Slim's stock cooling solution is very efficient and silent.

And taking apart slim is pretty crappy.

K

kaitlin459989

Reaction score
Sin$
if you want to go for extreme, you may delid the cpu and replace thermal stuff with liquid metal (just don't) :biggrin:D

Don't change anything, just clean the xbox, replace thermal paste into something better and you are good.

Slim's stock cooling solution is very efficient and silent.

And taking apart slim is pretty crappy.

not sure i feel comfy taking apart my slim i guess ill leave it as is i did spray the air vents with canned air

Hende

Hende

PC Master Race
Free Hoster Grizzled Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I made a video a few years ago showing how to change the fan speed manually.
However, this keeps the fan speed at that speed flat out so it can get a bit annoying but if you are really worried about it you can give it a try.

Maybe try 70% or 80%, play around with it but just watch the temps.

Go to around the 2 minute mark

Top Bottom
Login
Register