• Thread starter TheRedishFire
  • Start date
  • Views 479
TheRedishFire

TheRedishFire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I got a xenon on a jtagable dash, but I came into modding a little late and I have no idea how to jtag I have a nand reader and a r-jtag qsb v3 (the one that come with the CR4 XL) so can somone point me into the right direction what do I need? And can someone give me a tutorial on xenon JTAGing

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
You won't use the RJTAG exploit as that os for consoles on newer dashboards. You'll need to buy an actual JTAG chip

TheRedishFire

TheRedishFire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You won't use the RJTAG exploit as that os for consoles on newer dashboards. You'll need to buy an actual JTAG chip
yeah the dash is in the 6xxx where would I buy one of those? And I know I can just use diodes and wires and such but the xenon uses different wiring correct?

TheRedishFire

TheRedishFire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so I just connect these with switch diodes between the blue and yellow write xell and it just works? I have only done RGH so this is all new to me.
also will these work http://www.ebay.com/itm/1N914-1N414...386582?hash=item35e7553096:g:6vQAAOSwpDdVEhbP
3xx6ZM6.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Forn

Forn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Xenon's are probably the easiest to do tbh. One thing though I mod the heat-sink mounting and bolt it down while you're at it. Xenon's don't last long.

TheRedishFire

TheRedishFire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yep just 2 diodes and 1 wire

They sell diodes at RadioShack
wow I did not know jtaging was this easy and the boot times are intent because there is no glitching? Thanks for all your help I dont see me needing support with such a simple job thanks.
I dont have an radioshack or frys in my town

Forn

Forn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Forn

Forn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
wow I did not know jtaging was this easy and the boot times are intent because there is no glitching? Thanks for all your help I dont see me needing support with such a simple job thanks.
I dont have an radioshack or frys in my town
Easy peasy, boots just like stock.
Yep thats sorta what I ment by flashing xell sorry probably should have specified that:smile:
Worth getting some kynar wire is my only advise. Heatshrink the diode to stop them touching anything, they don't always show that in the pics.

TheRedishFire

TheRedishFire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Worth getting some kynar wire is my only advise. Heatshrink the diode to stop them touching anything, they don't always show that in the pics.
Can I just rap it in electic tape? I have kynar wire 

When in jrunner I can put it to the latest dash when flashing xebuild image?

Forn

Forn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can I just rap it in electic tape? I have kynar wire 

When in jrunner I can put it to the latest dash when flashing xebuild image?
I wouldn't, tape gets nasty after awhile. Do it right, bit a heatshrink won't cost much.

Year you build the latest dash, you need to extract the keys etc from the dump.

Top Bottom
Login
Register