What's new

Solved HELP! Jailbroken/Modded Playstation Wont Unjailbreak!

Geddes2305

Geddes2305

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi!
I bought this PS3 about a year ago and the guy who I bought it from didn’t tell me until after I bought it that it was jailbroken. Since then I have been trying to unjailbreak it and it hasn’t worked. So I left it a while and when I came back to play on my PS3 its causing me all kinds of issues. Can someone help me unjailbreak it? I have been trying to do it for a few days now by following Youtube tutorials and a thread I found on here but nothings working! I was wondering whether its even worth buying a new HDD and installing that instead?
Thanks in advance! ?

Geddes2305

Geddes2305

Reaction score
Sin$
I’ve tried doing this with a pendrive, which is formatted to FAT32, with the latest update. Putting the update into the folders:
PS3
UPDATE
PS3UPDAT.PUP
But when I put it into the PS3 and put it into safe mode, it cant find the update in the pendrive. And even when I look at the system update setting on the PS3 homescreen, its saying its corrupt and gives me an error code. Im not sure what else to do
Post automatically merged:

just install OFW.
I’ve tried doing this with a pendrive, which is formatted to FAT32, with the latest update. Putting the update into the folders:
PS3
UPDATE
PS3UPDAT.PUP
But when I put it into the PS3 and put it into safe mode, it cant find the update in the pendrive. And even when I look at the system update setting on the PS3 homescreen, its saying its corrupt and gives me an error code. Im not sure what else to do

Last edited:
Geddes2305

Geddes2305

Reaction score
Sin$
I have it downloaded on my USB and the USB plugged in to the PS3. Every time I do it I get this showing up:
The data is corrupted
(80029CCA)
Post automatically merged:

Okay so after doing some other things in the Rebug Toolbox I have been able to update it to the latest update. But how do I delete the toolbox?

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register