What's new

Solved Help installing a bullbar add-on to a Dodge Charger mod.

bez76

bez76

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Good evening all,

I've learnt so much since first getting GTA V, adding on/replacing cars via Open IV, changing gameconfig files, switching liveries etc, etc.

Ultimately, there is really just one thing I would like to know, and it is how to install a bullbar on the front of this 1969 Dodge Charger MOD I have installed on my PC. The livery and wheels work in-game, but I'd love to complete the look by getting a bullbar. Having spent hours and hours (truly) attempting to work out how I can proceed, I'm now looking for some help. One thing I read about was changing the modkit number, It was 507 and despite changing it to 500 there is no change, although some say it needs to be beneath 255?

• One particular Charger '69 MOD car available here on 5Mods does have a .yft file of the bullbar part included, but it isn't available as an extra to toggle on and off, I'm not sure why.
  • Alternatively, a different variation of the said Charger mod does have the extra option of having the bullbar, and it does work using the toggle method. Sadly, the overall mod isn't anywhere near as good

I do hate asking for help as so it rarely leads to any answers, but I've tried looking everywhere for some understanding so any pointers would be so very appreciated.

Many thanks
Paul

Solution
bez76
To help wrap this query up, I thought I'd post what has been the solution. I contacted the owner of the mod and he replied with a very ineresting link, stating that I should take particular note of the 2nd section, which I've captured below. ...
M

Mnx

Banned
Frame In Gold Platinum Record Bug Finder
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Good evening all,

I've learnt so much since first getting GTA V, adding on/replacing cars via Open IV, changing gameconfig files, switching liveries etc, etc.

Ultimately, there is really just one thing I would like to know, and it is how to install a bullbar on the front of this 1969 Dodge Charger MOD I have installed on my PC. The livery and wheels work in-game, but I'd love to complete the look by getting a bullbar. Having spent hours and hours (truly) attempting to work out how I can proceed, I'm now looking for some help. One thing I read about was changing the modkit number, It was 507 and despite changing it to 500 there is no change, although some say it needs to be beneath 255?

• One particular Charger '69 MOD car available here on 5Mods does have a .yft file of the bullbar part included, but it isn't available as an extra to toggle on and off, I'm not sure why.
  • Alternatively, a different variation of the said Charger mod does have the extra option of having the bullbar, and it does work using the toggle method. Sadly, the overall mod isn't anywhere near as good

I do hate asking for help as so it rarely leads to any answers, but I've tried looking everywhere for some understanding so any pointers would be so very appreciated.

Many thanks
Paul
https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/1969-dodge-charger-r-t-add-on-replace-tuning-hq

Says bull bar included with the mod.

Upvote 0
Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
image.png
You may not have the current update for this mod.
The last update description states the bullbar is included.
I have modded thousands of cars in GTAO but have never done so on 5M.
I’ll try my best to help but I am not super knowledgeable about 5M itself.
Here is the description for the mods latest update:

Upvote 0
M

Mnx

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
image.png
You may not have the current update for this mod.
The last update description states the bullbar is included.
I have modded thousands of cars in GTAO but have never done so on 5M.
I’ll try my best to help but I am not super knowledgeable about 5M itself.
Here is the description for the mods latest update:
5M is rather the same process. I've noticed some servers block extras attachments on cars and only let you have what they want you to have regardless of what you've installed.

NoPixel is due to have a public server for people. Troll 101 time on them

Upvote 0
Navy Davey

Navy Davey

☠️Wicked Good☠️
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

5M is rather the same process. I've noticed some servers block extras attachments on cars and only let you have what they want you to have regardless of what you've installed.

NoPixel is due to have a public server for people. Troll 101 time on them
Stuff like that is why I don’t care for those servers myself.
I would rather have full control of my menu and mods.

Upvote 0
bez76

bez76

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for your prompt replies. This is purely for SP only, no need for anything related to 5M.
The mod singled out above is precisely the one that doesn't work, (1.1b) but does contain within it a bullbar. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about utilising it in anyway.
I've emailed the creator to see if he can help too.

Upvote 0
M

Mnx

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for your prompt replies. This is purely for SP only, no need for anything related to 5M.
The mod singled out above is precisely the one that doesn't work, (1.1b) but does contain within it a bullbar. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about utilising it in anyway.
I've emailed the creator to see if he can help too.
Yeah that's an issue from the creators end. Nothing you can do except remake the vehicle and add-ons and make sure that when you do it, it works.

Upvote 0
bez76

bez76

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
To help wrap this query up, I thought I'd post what has been the solution. I contacted the owner of the mod and he replied with a very ineresting link, stating that I should take particular note of the 2nd section, which I've captured below.

https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/...sw8iIIejIEQIbb4olVDwFzOX1hsUrivunuDEkClEpkYkg

I found the information to be quite confusing, however after re-reading (what I've copied below) a couple of times it seemed to become a little clearer.
The second section begins with:

[ Method 2 : Change Number ]​

You have to change two files
carcols.meta and carvariations.meta
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
[examples found in those files would show]

(1) carcols.meta

<kitName>990_FeF12A_modkit</kitName>
<id value="990" />

(2) carvariations.meta
<kits>
<Item>990_FeF12A_modkit</Item>
</kits>

I made the changes to below, aware that the number modkit 200 was free and not being used. In doing so, these minor changes solved. Not only could I see (within the trainer) the bullbar option available, but a stack load more parts to chose from too!

NB: charger69 is the name of the dlc pack found within the mod, hence the modkit name entered.

(1) carcols.meta
<kitName>charger69_modkit</kitName>
<id value="200" />

(2) carvariations.meta
<kits>
<Item>charger69_modkit</Item>
</kits>

Upvote 0
Solution
Top Bottom
Login
Register