What's new

Discussion help how to spot a FAKE ps3 controller

• Thread starter Call me Mindset
  • Start date
  • Views 5,672
C

Call me Mindset

Reaction score
Well, im actually going to buy a USED but new PS3 controller, its kinda expensive a new one on my country, and theres alot of copys around there, so how do i make sure about if the one that im going to buy ONLINE its the original one? i can post a pic of the controller that im going to buy please help, i dont wanna get scammed twice:frown:

H

Harmonic

Work Hard, Dream Big
Reaction score
Well, im actually going to buy a USED but new PS3 controller, its kinda expensive a new one on my country, and theres alot of copys around there, so how do i make sure about if the one that im going to buy ONLINE its the original one? i can post a pic of the controller that im going to buy please help, i dont wanna get scammed twice:frown:
Does it matter if it's a copy?
I mean, it will probably work the same.

C

Call me Mindset

Reaction score
no its not the same lmao, copy ones are harder to aim with the joysticks, and also they are like a rock while the original one are soft asf, theres alot of difference :tongue:

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sadly, you'll never know by the picture online because the seller could hae posted somebody elses picture of a real controller, but they'll send you a fake one. If you buy it off eBay just read the reviews and make sure the seller offers Returns. This way when it gets to your house, if it feels / looks off you just send it right back. You could mainly spot a fake controller if it's in front of you. The analog sticks when you push them in make a loud clicking noise and they will be very stiff. Also if it comes in a "Sony" box, that doesn't mean it is real, if anything look up a picture of a real one and compare them because I had purchased a fake controller and on the "Sony" box there was a huge typo on the back and it said "Snoy Computer Entertanment". Spelt just like that, it was a huge typo.

If you want, send me the link and Ill try my best to see if it's real or fake.

A

Aydind

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
Reaction score
If your buying it on sites like Amazon or ebay, check the reviews and history of the person selling the controller. That's your best bet.

K

kobraEnterprise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you're buying it online, try to check the seller's feedback and once you get it the easiest way to tell is to scan the QR code.

G

GTA_Grinder

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The easiest way to spot a knock off, is the logos on the very front....the fakes will have the "Six Axis" logo on the opposite half of the controller shell, and the "DualShock3" logo won't be on it at all.

WP_20160412_001.jpg

H

Hulk

️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️ ️
Administrator
Reaction score
You always risk getting scammed when buying stuff online. Your best bet would be to only buy from a trusted seller with a lot and I mean a lot of positive reviews. You are better off waiting and taking you time with it instead of rushing it and getting scammed with a fake controller.

Post pics and ask for more pics from the seller if you aren't sure.

A

AstroFault

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, if it sounds too good to be true, don't buy it. Every fake I have ever bought always came from Hong Kong, China, Israel, etc. Usually they are sold by countries in Asia and I'm saying this from experience.

Secondly, get one of those tools that snipes items off eBay but get a legit because fakes can result in your account getting stolen. These tools wait until the auction ends and the millisecond or second before they increase the bid by 0.01p or 0.01c. People who want to get their used controller sold usually put it on this mode. At the moment of writing this post, I have found a PS3 Slim with two controllers(used but in good condition) for £30 on a carpet. All you have to do is clean the lens with some alcohol and you've got a bargain.

How do I know it's not fake? Used controllers don't have white backgrounds with a flower vase next to it. They're usually on the floor etc. Most common way to tell a fake PS3 controller is the PS button and I have no idea why but they put a P3 not the actual PS3 logo.

Real controller:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-PS3-Six-Axis-controller-/191872417037

Used as you want but a huge price decrease from £40 to £12. It is sold by a guy in the UK and does not have a white background.
It's simple logic. If I wanted to sell a controller I wouldn't go setting up a photoshoot, I would take a picture of it and drop it on eBay + lower the price so it goes faster.

R

RetroGamers17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My general rule of thumb is to Pull up a picture of a genuine controller and check the details like font and placement. Never buy from anyone with bad feedback and never buy from foreign countries. If all else fails, I usually pay for it and if its fake, ask for a refund and they may just give you a refund and let you keep it.

W

Welshy_Pete

Reaction score

I bought 2 sony dualshock3 controllers of ebay. The box looked real the controllers looked real as well. I used to have a sony genuine sixaxis controller but its warn out on the joystick. I decided I wanted the better dualshock3.

The only difference on the box the colour slightly lighter colour. It looks the same if you don't know the difference.

The controller the battery's would just keep charging never end. The pin hole on the back you could see inside green board. The bar code on the back not shiny silver.

The way the controller works everything fine apart from the 2 joysticks. You cant aim properly or be direct pointing its very stiff and will not loosen up its the way the joysticks are made cheaply. You will find inside the controller cheaply built as well.

I made a claim on ebay and got a full refund and got to keep both controllers free of charge. I will only ever use them on games like need for speed or F1 etc. Why your just turning and not aiming it makes a big difference.

I ended up going to CEX buying a second hand dualshock3 genuine controller. I got a 2 year warranty and I'm very happy. I would rather go to CEX knowing there checked, tested and have 2 years warranty.

G

GTACash

✰GTA V ONLINE HOST✰
Reaction score
maybe check the reviews or somthing?

Top Bottom