[Help] Hitachi 79, the ram upload dump failed".

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Kickenwing, Aug 3, 2009 with 5 replies and 3,015 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kickenwing

Kickenwing VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I am trying to flash my hitachi 79 drive with jungle flasher and I ran into a problem. I have flashed a Hitachi 78 drive before without any problems. on the same computer as im using this one too flash with.
    So I set the drive into mode B, then unlocked it using the 79 unlock cd, then tryed to do the ram upload and it said, "the ram upload dump failed". Now what should I do? I tried to set it in mode B and then unlock it, but when I put the 79 unlock disc in my whole comp froze. I tried it 3 times and my comp froze every time. So basicly the drive is messed up and won't play discs or except the 79 unlock cd now. Could someone help me please?

2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Do you have the Use Port IO circle checked? Also are you using a connectivity kit?

3. OP
    Kickenwing

Kickenwing VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I have port io installed but for some reason it will only let me choose it, so I have to use win api. Also I am using a slax 2 disc to get it in mode B.

4. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Try using firmwaretoolbox to flash it. Use slax to put it in mode-b. Then load up windows and try to play the unlock again. If it works try using toolbox instead of jungleflasher.

5. Coletrain17

Coletrain17 Getting There

Ratings:
    What happens when you try to put it in mode B using Jungle Flasher? And you might wanna try it with your VIA drivers uninstalled. Sometimes that does the trick

6. OP
    Kickenwing

Kickenwing VIP VIP

Ratings:
    the via drivers are uninstalled. also the disc drive can open and close, but i need another way to unlock it (without the 79 unlock cd), because when I insert a cd everything freezes (comp and xbox).