help flashing benq drive with iXtreme 1.5

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by titanbaseball13, Jan 10, 2009 with 3 replies and 671 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbaseball13

titanbaseball13 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i have a benq drive that i flashed with ixtreme 1.4 but now i want to upgrade it to 1.5 but i don't have my orig.bin file from the original firmware. if i get a copy of the orig.bin file and my drive key, can i spoof my drive key into the orig.bin file and use it to flash to 1.5? if i can do that, where can i find a fresh copy of a benq orig.bin file, how do i get my drive key out of the firmware that i have now, and how do i spoof the drive key into the new orig.bin file?

2. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Just dump the firmware on your Benq now, it will have your drive key, then use firmtool to make the new firmware. Then flash that.

3. OP
    titanbaseball13

titanbaseball13 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    how do i dump the firmware on my benq now and how do i know which part of it is the drive key?

4. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    dosflash...

run dosflash32, find, your drive, unlock it, read it, save key as orig.bin, open firmtool. open orig.bin and target firmware, transfer keys, then go back into dosflash32, write, target firmware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.