• Thread starter Walmart Shooter
  • Start date
  • Views 3,437
Walmart Shooter

Walmart Shooter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I watched a tut on how to change jiggys custom text with gsc studios it says to use the edit file and change it with gsc studios then export it and save it as _rank and go to your - bo2 > RAW > maps > mp > gametypes - and from there there is 2 files 1 file called _rank and _main I think, then you replace the _Rank with your new one, the problem is that I have nothing in that folder but I added the _rank in anyways and I load up bo2 and it didnt change anything its exactly the same, what do I do?

Walmart Shooter

Walmart Shooter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When saving the edited file, are you exporting it as a compiled script file, then saving it as “_rank.gsc”?
yes

When saving the edited file, are you exporting it as a compiled script file, then saving it as “_rank.gsc”?
well I just save it as _rank but it comes out as _rank.gsc

The only thing that was different about the one on the tuts and mine is that he already had 2 files in his one named rank and one named main my gametypes folder was empty and I just added the rank and nothing happened

Upvote 0
Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Experienced Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
yes

well I just save it as _rank but it comes out as _rank.gsc

The only thing that was different about the one on the tuts and mine is that he already had 2 files in his one named rank and one named main my gametypes folder was empty and I just added the rank and nothing happened
So basically, these are the steps you should have followed:
  1. Place the 3 files ("_ambientpackage.gsc", "_development_dvars.gsc", "_sticky_grenade.gsc") in raw>maps>mp>here (in your black ops 2 file on neighbourhood)
  2. Take the "edit menu" folder and place it in your "Projects" folder, which should be located in Documents>Black Ops 2 GSC Studio
  3. Open GSC Studio
  4. Click Editor>Open A Project>"Edit Menu"
  5. Change the messages to your liking
  6. Go to Editor>Export the file to a compiled script file>Console>Export Now>Save as "_rank"
  7. Move the edited "_rank.gsc" to raw>maps>mp>gametypes>here (in your black ops 2 file on neighbourhood)
  8. Boot your console and test out your menu

Upvote 0
Walmart Shooter

Walmart Shooter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So basically, these are the steps you should have followed:
  1. Place the 3 files ("_ambientpackage.gsc", "_development_dvars.gsc", "_sticky_grenade.gsc") in raw>maps>mp>here (in your black ops 2 file on neighbourhood)
  2. Take the "edit menu" folder and place it in your "Projects" folder, which should be located in Documents>Black Ops 2 GSC Studio
  3. Open GSC Studio
  4. Click Editor>Open A Project>"Edit Menu"
  5. Change the messages to your liking
  6. Go to Editor>Export the file to a compiled script file>Console>Export Now>Save as "_rank"
  7. Move the edited "_rank.gsc" to raw>maps>mp>gametypes>here (in your black ops 2 file on neighbourhood)
  8. Boot your console and test out your menu
First of all I have been doing this with a usb I have the whole game and mod menu on my usb i dont use a hard drive second off I did all of that except I dont have a grenade sticky file only the ambient and development files

Upvote 0
Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
First of all I have been doing this with a usb I have the whole game and mod menu on my usb i dont use a hard drive second off I did all of that except I dont have a grenade sticky file only the ambient and development files
Are you using jiggy 4.5 or 4.2?

Upvote 0
Walmart Shooter

Walmart Shooter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
oh goodness I remember first installing this, it was easy once I found the right tut but alot of them make things complicated, so whats my first step which files do I delete and replace?

I'd suggest downloading 4.5 then and following the steps listed above. 4.2 is a lot harder to edit.
or do I delete it all?

Upvote 0
Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
oh goodness I remember first installing this, it was easy once I found the right tut but alot of them make things complicated, so whats my first step which files do I delete and replace?

or do I delete it all?
Delete all 4.2 files and install the 4.5 files (if that's what you're referring to).

Upvote 0
Walmart Shooter

Walmart Shooter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Delete all 4.2 files and install the 4.5 files (if that's what you're referring to).
It turns out maybe im not such a retard after all, I was doing everything right this whole time I just had the wrong version of jiggy, once I downloaded 4.5 I dropped my rank file into there and replaced the old one and it works perfectly now if it werent for you id still be messing with the 4.2 wondering whats wrong thanks man

Upvote 0
Giraffez

Giraffez

That's What They All Say
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It turns out maybe im not such a retard after all, I was doing everything right this whole time I just had the wrong version of jiggy, once I downloaded 4.5 I dropped my rank file into there and replaced the old one and it works perfectly now if it werent for you id still be messing with the 4.2 wondering whats wrong thanks man
Glad I could help. :smile:

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register